Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 'new' (to us) 116i has stop/start but it never does it...

If you stall the car with rubbish clutch work, it will restart itself and display the icon in the instruments. But other than that, never. The cancel button is not pressed, a/c is not on.

Any ideas folks?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Our 'new' (to us) 116i has stop/start but it never does it...

If you stall the car with rubbish clutch work, it will restart itself and display the icon in the instruments. But other than that, never. The cancel button is not pressed, a/c is not on.

Any ideas folks?
start stop feature looks at lots of parameters how old is the battery ? any codes showing?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Varta BMW OEM - presume the original though not definite. 59 plate UK - - too old?

No codes or check control messages
Could be, also the car needs telling the battery has been replaced otherwise it will kill it quickly !!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
there's normally a sticker with manufactured or first charge date on it.

·
Registered
old: e82 MSport N47 120d. current e82 MSport N52 125i.
347 Posts
I find driving around with my lights on and the air-conditioning on and doing mainly short trips it rarely kicks in.

·
Super Moderator
369 Posts
Consider it a blessing that it doesn't work. The ultimate cost of the extra wear put on the engine by repetitive stop-start cycles is far more expensive than the fuel saved.

If, however, you're interested in why it doesn't work out of curiosity, battery would be my guess. Check the date - if it's >4 years you've most likely got your answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts