Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JFA is quoting 345 BHP (+39) and 540nm (+90) from a stage one performance tune. Has anyone dealt with these before? Additionally I believe the Aisin gearbox can only handle 500nm (I may be wrong) but would the extra 40NM cause issues?

Here is a link to the site.

·
Registered
720 Posts
No issues with my tuning box but then I don't do launch or drive at Harry flatters. I did pose this question in another thread and was informed it would be ok. There is torque limiting in the lower gears I believe.
I guess you're not worried by the warranty?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No issues with my tuning box but then I don't do launch or drive at Harry flatters. I did pose this question in another thread and was informed it would be ok. There is torque limiting in the lower gears I believe.
I guess you're not worried by the warranty?
I bought a Dec 2019 build car thinking it would have pops and bangs as standard so my warranty runs out in a few months. I am wanting extra power but I would rather get fewer gains and know I can push the car from time to time and not have to worry about something breaking

·
Registered
720 Posts
I bought a Dec 2019 build car thinking it would have pops and bangs as standard so my warranty runs out in a few months. I am wanting extra power but I would rather get fewer gains and know I can push the car from time to time and not have to worry about something breaking
With mine it is just very, very effortless now without any drama's, so much so it's very easy to go above licence losing speeds and beyond so you have to keep yourself in check.
I've also found there's no difference in the mpg despite being in sport mode all of the time. If anything it's slightly improved..

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With mine it is just very, very effortless now without any drama's, so much so it's very easy to go above licence losing speeds and beyond so you have to keep yourself in check.
I've also found there's no difference in the mpg despite being in sport mode all of the time. If anything it's slightly improved..
Is yours 349 BHP and 536NM? How is the car handling that extra power could the gearbox run into problems? Have you got any stats on 0-60 time or any anything with the tune

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yes quoted figures are what you state. No stats unfortunately only what I feel with senses, or with my posterior 😆. Haven't run into any issues at all just sometimes I forget I'm running in comfort mode, when the gearbox is relaxed, but the engine is in sport, thus there is a certain amount of gearbox lag. Put everything into sport, or sport individual, and it all tightens up nicely.
But to be honest, now I'm retired, I'm not driving it much at all, still only done just under 3k and the car is a year old.
Next longish run will be in July...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes quoted figures are what you state. No stats unfortunately only what I feel with senses, or with my posterior 😆. Haven't run into any issues at all just sometimes I forget I'm running in comfort mode, when the gearbox is relaxed, but the engine is in sport, thus there is a certain amount of gearbox lag. Put everything into sport, or sport individual, and it all tightens up nicely.
But to be honest, now I'm retired, I'm not driving it much at all, still only done just under 3k and the car is a year old.
Next longish run will be in July...
The figures sound good I'm just concerned about the longevity of the car with it. Not sure if it's better to wait for actual Remap to be available and not a piggyback but who knows if the ECU will ever be fully cracked

·
Registered
720 Posts
One would think that a remap will only produce a similar output, or more, to that of a tuning box. Thus will have no change to reliability of the gearbox as both will still be torque limited in the lower gears..

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have a similar, if not the same, box from DTUK. I've taken it off now and might be willing to part with it at the right price. It has also the BT app control. I'd say the TDI's PS figures are optimistic but no you don't really require anything else to run them
Product Communication Device Font Screenshot Gadget

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a similar, if not the same, box from DTUK. I've taken it off now and might be willing to part with it at the right price. It has also the BT app control. I'd say the TDI's PS figures are optimistic but no you don't really require anything else to run them
View attachment 18589

I've been in contact with them and I can't use a tuning box since my car isn't stock it wont work sadly

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you want a remap speak to bwchiptune, he’s probably got more bmw experience than anybody. He will also be able tell you if your dme is locked or can be unlocked if it is

·
Registered
720 Posts
Last I heard no-one had cracked it..

Deeroy, you didn't state your car already has mods so what are they?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts