Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting the software update available message on shut down for a few weeks so thought i'd download the update (maps) onto a USB to install (thought the inbuilt wireless would have automatically updated?).
I put the USB into the slot at the front today and expected the car to notice this and install but nothing?
How do i get the car to update with the USB as when i selected the usb option it just said no music files found?

Thanks

· Registered
785 Posts
A software update isn't usually the same as a map update. I'd follow through the process in the idrive first..

· Registered
27 Posts
I had the ready to update message for a couple of weeks before it decided to apply it. I wondered if the cold weather was preventing it, as soon as it warmed up the update was applied.

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Normally when the update message appears it means that there's an OTA update available - should be an option in My Vehicle -> Settings to start the update. Shouldn't need to use the USB update method.
There's no option to update from the car itself - i'm now downloading the 01/23 map (30gb) so will hopefully install it tommorow

· Registered
325 Posts
Do you have the MyBMW app on your phone? It sounds more like a system update which is downloaded via the app on your phone, then transferred to the car

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you have the MyBMW app on your phone? It sounds more like a system update which is downloaded via the app on your phone, then transferred to the car
Yes i have the phone app.
When i log into the BMW download manager on the PC it shows the map updates (01/23) as the only update so i'm downloading that to install tommorow (45 min drive to work so hope it installs in that time) - if the update message is still on the car after that i'll have to check again for any updates

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well managed to install the map update from the USB and as you said this wasn't the update the car was telling me about so i've been trying to download the update to my phone since yesterday and it's stuck at 79% of 3.0gb :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts