Baby BMW Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
When it comes to

Absolutely correct.

When it comes to using snowfoam in most situations, this guy has it sussed I think. I now use mine in the way he suggests

Without question :

THE MOST BORING VIDEO I HAVE EVER WATCHED

So basically snow foaming your car does jack sh!t, it’s just something cool to do

I won’t be copying this guy anytime soon

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Without question :

THE MOST BORING VIDEO I HAVE EVER WATCHED

So basically snow foaming your car does jack sh!t, it’s just something cool to do

I won’t be copying this guy anytime soon
Hah! He does like to pad things out, doesn't he? But he does test things very, very thoroughly, more so than any other detailing channel I have seen. He did suggest that a possible benefit (after you'd jet washed the car to get loose dirt off) - that you have a more lubed surface to aid your 2-bucket wash, and which is now how I use it. (That is, jet wash, then leave the suds on whilst I bucket wash). I would agree with an earlier post, however, that if you have an intact ceramic coat then snow foaming might have some impact.

The reality of these things is that the nearer to ph neutral the detergent / cleaner then then less it's going to dissolve dirt, whatever the type and application, and most snow foams tend to be ph neutral (as they are designed to linger without doing damage).

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
I suspect Twenny may have a point, but it makes me happy ;)
Oh I snow foam every time so I’m not arguing

I shall be investing in a purifier tank next month like this -

This way I can let any foam run off instead of dry and water spot the **** out of my car

@moulin - if the aim is to lift “some” dirt, surely you would want to rinse that off before doing a 2 bucket wash and rubbing that dirt into the paintwork

1. Rinse the car thoroughly with jet wash
2. Citrus snow foam fairly watery so it runs off
3. Bilt Hamber spray wheels at same time
4. Rinse off
5. 2 bucket wash
6. Rinse off
7. Dry with 2 extra large microfibre cloths
8. Open doors and wipe seals and door frames down
9. Apply QD to MF towel, wipe on and buff off
10. Apply window cleaner
11. Apply wheel sealant
12. Have a beer

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Tweeny, it's not left there to lift some dirt but to add additional lube in your 2-bucket wash, as I said. Of course, you jet wash first to remove any loose dirt.

If using a DI vessel in line with a jet washer, rather than a hose, you may find that you'll need a 2 in-line set up, as a single may not have the capacity to cycle water at the rate of your jet washer.

I bought mine from Daqua, as they seemed to be slightly better value

Resin prices have shot up since covid (think India is a main supplier) - twice the price now, as compared to even a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Oh I snow foam every time so I’m not arguing

I shall be investing in a purifier tank next month like this -

This way I can let any foam run off instead of dry and water spot the **** out of my car

@moulin - if the aim is to lift “some” dirt, surely you would want to rinse that off before doing a 2 bucket wash and rubbing that dirt into the paintwork

1. Rinse the car thoroughly with jet wash
2. Citrus snow foam fairly watery so it runs off
3. Bilt Hamber spray wheels at same time
4. Rinse off
5. 2 bucket wash
6. Rinse off
7. Dry with 2 extra large microfibre cloths
8. Open doors and wipe seals and door frames down
9. Apply QD to MF towel, wipe on and buff off
10. Apply window cleaner
11. Apply wheel sealant
12. Have a beer

Twenny, you've forgotten the Gummi Pflege!

Nextzett 2 x Gummi Pflege Rubber Care Stick 100ml : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

Reactions: Twenny

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I want to try the Bilt Hamber auto foam. General consensus is its fantastic. Dosent foam up as well but pulls more dirt off the paintwork prior to hand washing.
I mix my BH foam with their Surfex HD prewash too and in the winter it'll just drag all the dirt and salt off the car so you don't have to contact wash it really. Great for just blasting the car off if you don't have time to give it a full proper wash

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
For sure, if you want to do a contactless wash, and the car is isn't that bad, surfex will do the job, whether from a hand pump or other means. Obs., you have to watch the concentrations, and not let it dwell to long as it's a very strong alkaline - ph14!!

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
I am a big fan of snow foam, it's good fun but I am also aware it does nothing that the pressure washer won't do, which may explain that the better the coating the better the result, as this equally apply to just using the pressure washer for a pre wash.

Reactions: Twenny and moulin12

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
Tweeny, it's not left there to lift some dirt but to add additional lube in your 2-bucket wash, as I said. Of course, you jet wash first to remove any loose dirt.

If using a DI vessel in line with a jet washer, rather than a hose, you may find that you'll need a 2 in-line set up, as a single may not have the capacity to cycle water at the rate of your jet washer.

I bought mine from Daqua, as they seemed to be slightly better value

Resin prices have shot up since covid (think India is a main supplier) - twice the price now, as compared to even a couple of years ago.
Moulin?

I may have to give you a call as that website means fcuk all to me

Happy to spend the money to get the correct outcome.

I’ll be in touch mate

21 - 37 of 37 Posts