1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to try the Bilt Hamber auto foam. General consensus is its fantastic. Dosent foam up as well but pulls more dirt off the paintwork prior to hand washing.
Auto foam is great but expensive, you need about 100ml in the bottle,

Note snowfoam is most effective on coated cars, if your paint isn’t protected then don’t expect miracles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
The supplied bottle isn’t the best, worth investing £30 in a decent one MJJC make decent ones for the money
Thanks Ryan, I'll try the Karcher bottle first, then may make the investment, my car is ceramic coated.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Auto foam is great but expensive, you need about 100ml in the bottle,

Note snowfoam is most effective on coated cars, if your paint isn’t protected then don’t expect miracles
Snow foam looks great but Auto foam or Touch Less is best used via a pump sprayer... I use 80ml in 1.5 litres of warm water. I pop a bit of car shampoo in the foam lance prior to the contact wash sprayer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here's my assistant helping me apply some Polar Blast for the first time:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive cleaning

We failed to read the instructions and applied it undiluted.. At least it wasn't one of the expensive ones!

We now use it around 5:1 as recommended. Seems to work OK, but I haven't tried any others to compare it with.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Tried the Karcher snow foam gun today (with Karcher car shampoo). It worked really well, the foam didn't settle for long and I suspect with a decent shampoo it would last longer on the vehicle. It was a bit sunny this morning so I didn't linger to take a photo. The Karcher bottle gun had a little more than enough to coat the whole car. I'm going to be a new foamer. Thanks to Ryan for starting this thread. Off to see what what Gtechniq do in their foaming range.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
When it comes to
Absolutely correct.

When it comes to using snowfoam in most situations, this guy has it sussed I think. I now use mine in the way he suggests

1 - 20 of 37 Posts