Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats going to be best to clean my 1er as im really short of time.

1 Car wash at garage
2 Jet wash at garage
3 Hand car wash whilst I get bored ****less doing the shoping at tesco's

·
Registered
6 Posts
If time was short I'd buy two cheep jet wash programs, the ones without the horrid foaming bush. I'd put the first token in and blast all the large dirt particles off then quickly with a clean wash mitt go over the panels whilst still wet to loosen the hard to remove traffic film, the one that jet washing alone can't quite shift. Then quickly before everything starts to dry and attach itself back on to the paint get the next token in and blast over the car to remove the remaining small dirt still held in solution on the surface. If your car has a healthy layer of wax/sealant the method is a piece of cake. If you work fast enough I find there's enough time to get sills and arches cracked at the same time.
I only use this method as a last resort, generally if away from home and the car is minging. At home it's the buckets, mits, wheel bushes and pressure wash regime 8)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yep, agree.

On the basis that you probably cant trust the handwasher at Tesco not to drop the mitt or change the water often enough, and the automated car wash bristles are too harsh it only leaves the jet wash option.

I tend to do exactly what is described above and use a hand wash mitt in between two tokens. Just don't do this at busy times like Sunday morning when the world wants to use the wash! :D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Jetwash, (not brush) wash mitt and jetwash (not brush) again out of the three but I would not do either as it causes swirls! just my opinion but what ever suits you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your advice peeps. I ended up making time to do my own hand wash. I have never owned a brand new car before and I couldn't stand the thought of getting it swirled up in the car wash or scratched by a possible numpty at tesco. The jet washers round here have been closed as well due to the freezing weather conditions.

The amount of bloody salt on my car was unreal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.