Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I praised this BMW/Mini dealership on another part of babybmw.net and someone suggested I should write something in this section about my experience of them.

To come to the point, I've ordered a 118i SE from them and have also bought a nicely spec'd Mini One for my wife.

Everyone we've dealt with has been efficient, polite, extremely knowledgeable and totally unpushy, the latter being a big point for me.

The big thing that they did for me though was to give me a 116i SE for an entire weekend for an extended test drive. It really did give me the chance to make up my mind properly about the car. The only restriction they placed on me was to ask me not to do more than 300 miles, which I thought was a more than reasonable request.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending them - I only hope I'm not tempting fate by saying all these nice things, only to find that something goes horribly wrong between now and the end of June when I'm due to get my baby!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have bought 3 cars from Harry Fairbairn in the last 4 years.

My only comment regarding them is that they have their good days and bad. When i bought my 1 i did it at the wrong time (Aug/Sep) so i would never have any calls returned and i was chasing them to arrange finance.

In saying that, i am planning to get a 325i in December 2006 and i think i will go to Harry Fairbairn. A guy i work with bought a car from them just before Christmas 2 years ago and got a bargain. They needed to sell 4 cars to get their annual sales bonus from BMW UK. Hence i will by mine next one at christmas time.

Although on the downside, the same work mate has just bought an X3 with body kit. When he went to collect it the car was covered in scratches. Unfortunately due to his situation he couldnt reject the car. They have still to rectify all the problems more than a month after he got the car.

I dont know how you feel about the knowledge of the staff, but like the majority of the members of this site i was able to educate the salesmen about the features of the 1.

I trust your purchase will go smoothly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stephen3rd, Hi, I know what you're saying but thus far, it's been good. I guess it all comes down to how a dealer acts/reacts when something goes wrong.

I just hope I don't experience that. Mind you, I've told them about my postings on babybmw.net so we'll see!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had my car in again the other day because the idrive keeps rebooting and my handbrake was sticking on.

They have ordered a new control unit which is on back order and will take 10 days to arrive.

While i was in i took a look at the new 3. Having had a 3 Sport in the past i am waiting for the new Sport model to come out and then change back.

The salesman came over and was very helpful. He asked if i had bought my 1 series from them and i said yes. After that his attitude totally changed and he wasnt interested. He must see me as easy repeat business, but after that i will be shopping around for my 3.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've bought a MINI and Z4 from HF (Giffnock). On the sales side - totally marvellous. Two different sales people both excellent, efficient and organised. :lol:

Service dept are generally ok - made a bit of an ****up on one occasion when ordering replacement parts, and the last time I phoned to book car in for replacement coil spring I was told the service dept were busy and would phone back. After waiting a day, they never did, so booked it into new Henry Bros servicing place at Hillington. Was very impressed - staff excellent and even sent me a text to say the car was ready for collection. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.