Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A warning has popped up with "running gear control systems failed" being all the detail I can gather from the manual. I was just wondering what how where when and why?????

Most recently I've discovered some bloody mice making themselves at home in the engine bay and am wondering if the little ******** have chewed on something?

Or perhaps this is an entirely unrelated error?

Any info would be appreciated, as the car has been pretty darn good in all aspects up until this :(

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
mice will chew on everything they can see so there's a fair chance they've had something - I assume you've installed a cat?

That said, I had a similar thing on my Alfa 147 and it turned out to be a dead sensor in part of the ABS/Traction control system

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't say I've been a fan of the Cat mod however both my neighbours seem to have installed them. Not that it's helped me!

I'm hoping it's a faulty sensor also, as opposed to any shorted/chewed through cabling.

Thanks for the reply :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.