Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I opted to put some Rimsavers on my diamond cuts, I went for Metallic Silver and the result is awesome, easy to fit and blends in with the car wheels, as for longevity and protection ? hmm not sure, but for only 90 bucks, I can take a gamble

·
Super Moderator
348 Posts
Be careful and ensure your tyre pressures remain exactly as they are now. Any change to this can cause the rim protector to become loose and thus become a projectile against your bodywork.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there not fitted on the tire the lip the rims are very rounded, so I put them lower down, also for changing tires
I don't have a clearer pic of this, but sure txs for the observation :)
Also that tape is 3M VHB, when I was putting it on, even initially, if you press it on prior to setting, it's damn hard to pull off !
I think those stories are just that urban legend.. but............. :)
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Be careful and ensure your tyre pressures remain exactly as they are now. Any change to this can cause the rim protector to become loose and thus become a projectile against your bodywork.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
that's what I thought, I'm on a few forums, and before I put them on I asked around for some thoughts a few "purists" shall we say, poo poo'd the idea, calling them training wheels, and better to just repair the rims, that "live with that eyesore", maybe if your running GLD or floruo yellow LOL

Also I didn't know they had them in Metallic Silver which is very low key !

Even if it's a total failure only 90 bucks spent and as you say, pays for itself and already has hidden some scuffs I put in AGAIN lol, GOD DAMN DRIVE THROUGH SPEAKERS, why they put them on a corner is beyond me

pic shows the drive through I trashed them on the first time and the 2nd where I did them again after I had them repaired a second time
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Sky Wheel Vehicle

They look good and you can barely tell you have them.
Easily pay for themselves if you kerb a wheel as well 👍

·
Super Moderator
348 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think there have been issues with Alloygators, especially if there was an issue with the install, I don't know wether the gators where right for those wheels, some BMW have problems, they say on the many videos, you need to use the special measurement tool also with run flats you have to break the bead, you can't just bang them in.

With the rimblades, there just rubber/so if they come off, there not going to damage anything, well AFAIK

txs for the link, some interesting comments, I did a lot of research on this prior though, (was a project since Novemeber 2021)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
in that thread one of the posters did state:

"I had a Gator product fail at 70 mph and it damaged the wing of the car. I had to get recovery out and would never have them installed on a car again. I had them all removed, nightmare experience! I guess it depends on the installer to some degree"

Think that's the operative word. A lot of us have runflats, and the bead MUST be broken. And if the depth gauge isn't used there can be problems. If installed properly should be fine, in a lot of videos they do state that BMW wheels can be problematic.

Also with diamond cuts they can trap salt and corrode them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts