Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

So my 04/2013 M135i does have the M135i logo in the centre of my black panel display upon entering the car (see below)

I have however seen many pictures of people with the right logo that also stays on all the time (I believe) - see below

My question is how do you get the right logo? - Using E-EYS I can see where you change the central logo but cant find the right logo...

Is this down to firmware level or production date does anyone know?

My Central Logo

Right Logo I want

· Registered
1,469 Posts
I don't believe it's possible. I have a June 2013 build. The central M135i on unlock used to read M performance, yours must have had a software update similar to mine at some point.

I've read about it in the past and some have suggested that firmware changes might be required...

Edit: just reread your post, it does have something to do with production date, if they have the new steering wheel, launch control etc they have the logo. Think it was on builds from around Jul 13. Think it also coincided with the switch from PWG to EWG

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AW_Dan said:
I don't believe it's possible. I have a June 2013 build. The central M135i on unlock used to read M performance, yours must have had a software update similar to mine at some point.

I've read about it in the past and some have suggested that firmware changes might be required...

Edit: just reread your post, it does have something to do with production date, if they have the new steering wheel, launch control etc they have the logo. Think it was on builds from around Jul 13. Think it also coincided with the switch from PWG to EWG
Ah ok that makes sense, and yes lots of people dont even have the centre logo, you are right this came with a software update I belive.

I have been reading about changing the manufacture date using ESYS but In not that fussed, I just thought it may have been an easy bit of coding.

Thanks

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found it....... DONE!!!

Coded

KOMBI
MPM_ENABLE
MPM_LOGO

Now as soon as I start the engine the right logo appears and stays on.....

(I think my firmware being 50.4 helped)

· Registered
1,469 Posts
Nice one, if I had the first clue about coding I'd be tempted to do that myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mofomat said:
I think the logo staying on, permanently on the right, is tacky.
You are entitled to your opinion of course by why is it? ... Is the one that comes on in the middle not tacky? & if not why not?

I guess the door kick plates are tacky too then as they have the m135i logo on them ??

Where do you draw the line?

:lol2:

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AW_Dan said:
Nice one, if I had the first clue about coding I'd be tempted to do that myself!

It's really easy, (or the ones I'm doing anyway) took me around 3 mins if that.

I read a few guides bought the cable and software and away I went.

· Registered
1,469 Posts
mofomat said:
Good job it was his own car that he coded then, not yours!

· Banned
176 Posts
suboy121 said:
mofomat said:
You are entitled to your opinion of course by why is it? ... Is the one that comes on in the middle not tacky? & if not why not?

I guess the door kick plates are tacky too then as they have the m135i logo on them ??

Where do you draw the line?

:lol2:
Because M badges are all over the place. It's tacky. The last thing I need is "M135i" permanently displayed in the instrument binnacle. It's not as if I need reminding what car I'm driving! It's bad enough that it's even called "M135i". It's badge marketing and has very little to do with the M Division. It's just pure marketing nonsense.

And yes, my M135i has this permanently displayed.

· Banned
176 Posts
AW_Dan said:
mofomat said:

He wouldn't need to code mine as my display has the "M135i" logo permanently displayed in the instrument display. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

Maybe I could code it away?

· Registered
1,469 Posts
mofomat said:
AW_Dan said:
mofomat said:

He wouldn't need to code mine as my display has the "M135i" logo permanently displayed in the instrument display. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

Maybe I could code it away?
I believe you can

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes you can code out the centre and right badges, swap your door sill/kick plates for standard 1 series ones, debadge the back logo and cross it out on your log book/car papers and you won't have to see it ever again.

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mofomat said:
Good grief, some people are so sensitive!
Well no offence but no one asked you to comment, I wanted to know if it was possible to code the right logo so I asked the good people on this forum how to do it..

If you have no interest in the logo and you cant offer anything constructive to say on the topic then don't comment, if you don't like the logo's for whatever reason then that's your prerogative but please don't spam my thread with useless comments.

Many Thanks

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sanesh21 said:
Gonna definitely try this out , sometime this week. :bigsmile:
Give it a go buddy !

My I-Step version was F020-15-07-504 and I believe that's the minimum it needs to enable the logo but if its not you can upgrade your firmware with the FULL Psdzdata files and a descent charger as the car engine needs to be off (so I've read)

· Banned
176 Posts
suboy121 said:
mofomat said:
Good grief, some people are so sensitive!
Well no offence but no one asked you to comment
No, but then it's a forum, and you're going to get opinions you don't like sometimes. I'm sorry if my opinion offends you, but I wasn't abusive, and I didn't say you were wrong to want the logo on the right. My comment was more or less on topic - sure, you didn't ask for people's opinions but if you look at most threads on here there is a certain amount of thread creep.

Why you would get so upset about the opinion of someone you don't know is beyond me. If you like the logo then great! I hope you manage to code it. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.