Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone on here know if there is anyone based around the Southampton area or within a decent distance around the 100-mile range I would say, that could retrofit bits to my 130i?

Looking for headlights mainly and possibly some other items if I can get the bits. Or if people have written guides for some good retro fit ideas?

Thanks

·
Administrator
4,015 Posts
There’s loads of threads knocking around if you search, I’ve retrofitted adaptive xenons, high-beam assist, folding mirrors, cruise control and probably some other stuff I’ve forgotten to my car based on what others have documented here. Half way through fitting lumbar support too.

The labour cost for retrofits can be a bit silly, xenons alone would be around 8 hours labour just doing it the quick way. If you’re capable of DIYing I definitely would.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There’s loads of threads knocking around if you search, I’ve retrofitted adaptive xenons, high-beam assist, folding mirrors, cruise control and probably some other stuff I’ve forgotten to my car based on what others have documented here. Half way through fitting lumbar support too.

The labour cost for retrofits can be a bit silly, xenons alone would be around 8 hours labour just doing it the quick way. If you’re capable of DIYing I definitely would.
Fair, I am considering it, I am slowly getting the parts needed, also looking for some other ideas on what to fit, I have a set of good condition Bi-Xenons in my loft waiting to be fitted. I had cruise control done as I do a lot of longer distance driving.
And I am a sucker for getting as many options fitted as possible

·
Administrator
4,015 Posts
Here's a few links to add to your bedtime reading:

Some retrofits like front PDC and power seats are difficult nowadays as the cable sets are discontinued, still possible if you get lucky with breakers though. There's also the M3 stuff - cluster, seats, mirrors...

Fully agreed re wanting as many options as possible so if there's anything you're thinking of that isn't covered give me a shout, I've probably looked into it at some point 😅

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a few links to add to your bedtime reading:

Some retrofits like front PDC and power seats are difficult nowadays as the cable sets are discontinued, still possible if you get lucky with breakers though. There's also the M3 stuff - cluster, seats, mirrors...

Fully agreed re wanting as many options as possible so if there's anything you're thinking of that isn't covered give me a shout, I've probably looked into it at some point 😅
oohhh very nice, yea I used to add so much other my other cars - Mainly Vauxhalls before jumping into the BMW 1 Series. Also love trying to get rare parts, recently did the 135i backbox done so gonna read through these. The more I can learn the better

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts