Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Had my 120 for about a year and my only complaint about the interior so far is lack of cupholders! had civic type-r before and it had 2 betweem the front seats! was in my local bmw garage yesterday and the had a coupe in with cupholders were i just have a cubby hole! are these available as a retro fit or have they got to be ordered from the factory?

cheers

jim

·
Registered
32 Posts
It should just be a case of buying the cupholder trim to replace the blank centre consul you currently have.
Do you have Idrive - I'm not sure if the controller effects the ability to retrofit.

Personally I find them too small for most drinking vessels!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Had a look on realOEM for you and cannot see a retrofit kit for the console cup holders (there are other alternatives) so I think you have to replace the whole console main trim as I but maybe someone else can confirm this!? :?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Not sure tminal but I thought the cup holder/cubby/idrive strip had different part numbers making me think you could order that piece on its own. It could be plastic welded in though so VERY difficult to change and I'd expect it to be much more than the £30 factory option

·
Registered
219 Posts
tminal said:
Had a look on realOEM for you and cannot see a retrofit kit for the console cup holders (there are other alternatives) so I think you have to replace the whole console main trim as I but maybe someone else can confirm this!? :?
the whole console has to be replaced - my cubby hole had a small blister appear (common problem). Under warranty BMW replaced the whole console as the cubby is not a seperate item

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep I had to do this - missed the cupholders on the comfort pack

Part cost £70 (big old thing - goes all the way from the gear stick to the back seat console) and about £85 BMW dealer fitted (tried to get our mechanic at work to fit it but some airbag wiring to bypass and he chickened out)

Managed to get it all thought on expenses as 'Company car service work'!

Dom

·
Registered
76 Posts
lucasmximus said:
I'm looking for cup holders for either my centre console or glove compartment for my 118d. Does anybody have any suggestions. Thanks any advice would be mush appreciated!!!
For the cup holders? Or for the place you can get them?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.