Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
This is my first post!! Hi all :)

I have a 2019 M140i passive dampeners, I have the underbody brace and sub-frame bush spacer being fitted soon (once delivered)

But I'd like to replace the springs/dampeners after reading a few posts on this great forum. However I don't want the car lowered, otherwise the Bilstein B12 kit would have been perfect which is recommended in other posts on here.

My question is, would the following combination work well/better than OEM?

Front:
Bilstein B6 - Sport Damper 35-264545
Bilstein B3 Spring 37-251352

Rear:
Bilstein B6 - Sport Damper 24-264570
Bilstein B3 Spring 36-247110

Many thanks :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi and Welcome :)

I have a set of M140i Birds B1 springs for sale, they do not lower the car (which is actually why I am selling them) but are much better than stock, especially if paired with some good dampers.

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks sam75!
Sounds interesting, have a few questions:

1. Have you used these springs with the OEM shocks, if so did they improve the crashy or stiffness?
2. Will these fit B6 / B8 shocks?

Thanks 😊

·
Registered
54 Posts
The standard dampers are not good enough no matter what springs you fit to them. The dampers do not damp enough and throw you around. Compare the standard dampers to the b12 kit and you will see the difference. The b12 pro kit only lowers the car 8-10mm. I was under the impression the birds springs were also a little lower than standard?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not the case with the Birds springs I have, they are the same ride height as stock, if they had lowered the car I would have kept them fitted. Birds told me that not all of their springs lower the car at all, the batch they had in which mine came from certainly didnt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts