Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been mentioned in previous posts, that you can apparently tap into a wire in the 12v socket in the boot to connect an amp's remote lead.

Can anyone tell me what colour the wire is please?

Also, does this give a ignition switched connection or does it stay live all the time?

·
Registered
69 Posts
The live to the armrest socket is Green/Yellow. It's probably the same but a multi-meter would confirm this.

·
Registered
284 Posts
where's the 12v socket in the boot?

·
Registered
284 Posts
wow, I've owned this car for 1 year, and this weekend have discovered the carrier bag hooks in the boot and now the 12v socket hidden away next to the light!

I'd probably find out loads more if I could be bothered to read the manual. :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sorry for thread digging but does anyone know if the wiring is there for the 12v socket in the boot on a pre FL sport model? Mine doesnt have the socket but I need a remote live.

Cheers J

·
Registered
332 Posts
johnpigg said:
wow, I've owned this car for 1 year, and this weekend have discovered the carrier bag hooks in the boot and now the 12v socket hidden away next to the light!

What carrier bag hooks?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
you could always use the cig lighter near the arm-rest to get a remote turn on signal if you don't have the boot mounted one.

·
Registered
284 Posts
jdcampbell said:
johnpigg said:

What carrier bag hooks?
in the aft corners of the plastic edges of the boot, where the parcel shelf sits.

·
Registered
24 Posts
m6569 said:
you could always use the cig lighter near the arm-rest to get a remote turn on signal if you don't have the boot mounted one.
This is what I did, so simple - though I still haven't got around to try and hide the remote wire, a few inches exposed before it goes under the rear seats.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ok so I ended up taking it from the front 12v socket, it was easy cheers guys!

JayJay said:
This is what I did, so simple - though I still haven't got around to try and hide the remote wire, a few inches exposed before it goes under the rear seats.
I went under the drivers seat and tucked the wire up under the trim that runs around the bottom where it meets the carpet. Then where the base of the rear seat meets the side bolster part tuck the wire through. When the seat is folded feed it under the boot carpet. Job done!

J

·
Registered
3 Posts
but doesnt this mean the amp is on everytime you put the key in the ignition regardless of whether the stereo is on ? surely its better to get a LOC (line output converter) with remote sense on it to do this job ?

·
Registered
239 Posts
only when the start button is pressed, i always have the radio on so its not a problem...

·
Registered
12 Posts
ExiZ said:
but doesnt this mean the amp is on everytime you put the key in the ignition regardless of whether the stereo is on ? surely its better to get a LOC (line output converter) with remote sense on it to do this job ?
LOC doesnt work on the 1 series, I installed my sub/amp with a LOC with the idea that it would remote sense from the speakers, but because of the factory alarm system, the amp turns on and off when the car is off. After digging around forums, it seems the alarm system is wired through the audio system and so the flashing of the alarm red bulb sends even the smallest signal which turns the LOC on...

im going down the route of wiring the live of the LOC to the cigarette lighter as mentioned by the guys previously.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.