Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Boydy. Interested to learn about your reasons for going for DMS vs say TDI tuning? Also, did BMW notice the remap or mention it to you? I'm weighing up both options but TDI Tuning seem to believe their box isn't identifiable which is a major pro if true, particularly as our cars often in warranty still.

Another concern I have is around safety parameters. It seems the Aisin gearbox for M135ix has a max tolerance of 500nm but every remap / box seems to take it over this threshold. Have you experienced any issues or all plain sailing so far?

Appreciate chips can often be optimistic in their claims. Can you actually feel a significant difference with DMS remap vs stock? Imagine it's more pronounced now the map has been wiped.

Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Having done some researching after purchasing the car I found DMS to be more appealing than the tuning box on offer. The tuner can adjust to suit aswell as notice any issues that the car could have, I'm fairly certain the tuning box is just trickery and fools a few parameters.

The update was just an over the air update and not physically in at bmw, also the car is nearing end of the warranty period and tbh having come from remapped 335d the m135 was just seriously lacking. In terms of noticing a difference I can honestly say it's night and day, this car should have been similarly powered from factory.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Good to hear the remap worked out for you. I hadn’t really considered DMS before but called following your post and they said for my model year some code hasn’t been cracked (can’t recall exact terminology). They anticipate 21+ plate cars to be available for the remap within a couple of months, so hopefully I can get this done with them before Xmas 🤞👌

1 - 2 of 2 Posts