Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had a remap done by DMS just before Christmas that had the car running at 357bhp I went ahead with an OTA update from bmw which in turn wiped the map from the car DMS look after you for such scenarios so I will be making my way down to their HQ on Saturday for a reflash. I Shal post up figures when complete and hopefully return with more than before as I've since fitted an eventuri intake

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Boydy. Interested to learn about your reasons for going for DMS vs say TDI tuning? Also, did BMW notice the remap or mention it to you? I'm weighing up both options but TDI Tuning seem to believe their box isn't identifiable which is a major pro if true, particularly as our cars often in warranty still.

Another concern I have is around safety parameters. It seems the Aisin gearbox for M135ix has a max tolerance of 500nm but every remap / box seems to take it over this threshold. Have you experienced any issues or all plain sailing so far?

Appreciate chips can often be optimistic in their claims. Can you actually feel a significant difference with DMS remap vs stock? Imagine it's more pronounced now the map has been wiped.

Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Boydy. Interested to learn about your reasons for going for DMS vs say TDI tuning? Also, did BMW notice the remap or mention it to you? I'm weighing up both options but TDI Tuning seem to believe their box isn't identifiable which is a major pro if true, particularly as our cars often in warranty still.

Another concern I have is around safety parameters. It seems the Aisin gearbox for M135ix has a max tolerance of 500nm but every remap / box seems to take it over this threshold. Have you experienced any issues or all plain sailing so far?

Appreciate chips can often be optimistic in their claims. Can you actually feel a significant difference with DMS remap vs stock? Imagine it's more pronounced now the map has been wiped.

Cheers
Having done some researching after purchasing the car I found DMS to be more appealing than the tuning box on offer. The tuner can adjust to suit aswell as notice any issues that the car could have, I'm fairly certain the tuning box is just trickery and fools a few parameters.

The update was just an over the air update and not physically in at bmw, also the car is nearing end of the warranty period and tbh having come from remapped 335d the m135 was just seriously lacking. In terms of noticing a difference I can honestly say it's night and day, this car should have been similarly powered from factory.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Kinda weird that any update to the idrive system would then over write the ecu. I cannot recall this occuring at all with any remaps on any vehicle.

Tuning boxes are far more sophisticated than they were and now do monitor sensors to ensure the correct parameters are set, they would definitely not be over written by any update, can be removed at any time and transferred from one vehicle to another. Plus custom maps are also sometimes available.

Having said that they cannot compete with an expert mapper using a dyno to expertly remap a engine. That comes at a price of course.

Like anything there are cowboy companies out there who offer remaps that are just generic ones downloaded from the interweb..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Having done some researching after purchasing the car I found DMS to be more appealing than the tuning box on offer. The tuner can adjust to suit aswell as notice any issues that the car could have, I'm fairly certain the tuning box is just trickery and fools a few parameters.

The update was just an over the air update and not physically in at bmw, also the car is nearing end of the warranty period and tbh having come from remapped 335d the m135 was just seriously lacking. In terms of noticing a difference I can honestly say it's night and day, this car should have been similarly powered from factory.

Good to hear the remap worked out for you. I hadn’t really considered DMS before but called following your post and they said for my model year some code hasn’t been cracked (can’t recall exact terminology). They anticipate 21+ plate cars to be available for the remap within a couple of months, so hopefully I can get this done with them before Xmas 🤞👌

1 - 5 of 5 Posts