Baby BMW Forum banner

Reep Detailing - M235i

3K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Airsafari87 
#1 ·
These are a sponsor on another owners club and I've stumbled across this....

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks the muts.

#2 ·
I've never seen a ' detail ' go into so much effort. Amazing how poor the condition of a practically brand new car can be. The swirls on the rear lights.

Some seriously impressive results.

Will you be booking yours in?

#8 ·
To be fair the man that can perform such a meticulous job on the detail is unlikely to make such an amateur mistake on the wheel bolts.

#11 ·
I only saw the copper grease on the hub which I thought was a good thing. Just had another look and saw the bolts greased. I've never done this but surely if you tighten the nuts up with the correct torque taking into consideration the grease then you're ok?

#13 ·
A car wheel bolt torque value is based on the friction of a dry thread. Greasing the thread reduces the friction therefore over tensioning the bolt, which will elongate it and potentially result in failure. Basic mechanics. There was a photo posted on here a while back by marco of a failed bolt.

#15 ·
Jiggaman said:
I've never seen a ' detail ' go into so much effort. Amazing how poor the condition of a practically brand new car can be. The swirls on the rear lights.

Some seriously impressive results.

Will you be booking yours in?
No, bit too far for me to travel and the cost of transporting the car there and back will be expensive too. I've used a place that is closer to me and tbh the results didn't look much different.

Looks to be top notch finish from Reep though.

#16 ·
I've always used copper grease on wheel bolts and front of hub (20 odd yrs) and never used a torque wrench to tighten bolts only used a hand wrench and never had a problem.

#19 ·
mctga said:
A car wheel bolt torque value is based on the friction of a dry thread. Greasing the thread reduces the friction therefore over tensioning the bolt, which will elongate it and potentially result in failure. Basic mechanics. There was a photo posted on here a while back by marco of a failed bolt.
I've done a thread on lubricating threaded fixings a while ago. Mctga is right.

For that reason, if a technician in the aerospace or railway industries was to grease a nut or bolt, they would be sacked because it's a safety critical incident. Think about that when you're flying at 36000 feet at 570mph or doing 186mph in a 800 tonne Eurostar. In comparison, some automotive "technicians" are thick.

There are some "pastes" used for dissimilar metals, thread locking etc BUT THEY ARE NOT LUBRICANTS and come with instructions on how to prepare the threads and adjust the torque setting.

I'll see if I can find my thread.

Paul

#20 ·
Bavarian said:
Durham, assuming you live there,.......may I ask who you use near you?
(I'm in Tyne & Wear myself)
This is who I used for my new car detail " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Couldn't fault him, if your in Tyne and Wear it might be a bit of a trek for you but give him a ring. He will talk through your wash / maintenance regime and decide on what would be best for your vehicle.

Andy.

#22 ·
I know I started the thread and I don't want to detract from the quality of the work but I think that the colour has been enhanced. I've just been looking at the photos again.....

If you look at the depth of colour under the bonnet, how many of our cars have that much paint under there, I know mine hasn't!

Also the photo that shows off the stripes in the mat, look at the trim - it's minging. I would have expected all the plastics to have been treated too.

Or am I being a bit picky? :redface:

#24 ·
Gops said:
This was mine being detailed by white details.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That looks a great job, it's much better getting a professional detail rather than let BMW balls your paint up as they did with mine.

#25 ·
DurhamLad1973 said:
Gops said:
This was mine being detailed by white details.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That looks a great job, it's much better getting a professional detail rather than let BMW balls your paint up as they did with mine.
Definitely is! I'm not bad at detailing myself, but I simply just don't have any room around me to do it! Need to build my garage asap!

#26 ·
Thing is, it's a 65 plate car so not even 6 months old yet.

The cleaning / detailing of a car that age is as simple as it gets. It doesn't have the years of road grime, grease etc ... Baked on to it yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.