Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering adding the red engine start / stop button to my E82.

Yay or nay??

Super Moderator
I think it depends on the car in terms of what it looks like at present. If you've gone for a more 'sporty' look it would suit it, but if your car looks more executive it would look out of place.

Ultimately it's for you to decide the kind of theme you want to express yourself with ;)

Registered
2016 M240i
I have one, looks the business. Don鈥檛 pay those prices though, mine was about 拢4 on eBay.

Looks just like the OEM one but red.

Registered
Just don鈥檛 fit any M badges.
I'm going to disagree with this, and I own an M3.

///M badges are, and have been for decades, identifiers of 'Motorsport' edition cars and parts, not to exclusively identify "M-cars". The use of ///M badges on 'Motorsport' vehicles or parts are endorsed and promoted by BMW themselves. Just don't put a 1M badge on your non-M-car 1er.

Now, on the other hand, excessive badges of any kind, ///M included, is naff.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have one, looks the business. Don鈥檛 pay those prices though, mine was about 拢4 on eBay.

Looks just like the OEM one but red.
That does sound more attractive, I'll have to have a rummage on eBay to try and find one more sensibly priced.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all for your opinions! :) I think I will try and find an ebay special and then give it a go. If I don't like it, I can always bin it and go back to stock!

Reactions: MD-M140

Registered
2016 M240i
That does sound more attractive, I'll have to have a rummage on eBay to try and find one more sensibly priced.
This is the one I bought, I only paid 拢2.67 actually, looking back at my eBay order!!! :p

It's gone up a bit now to 拢4.16, but it's a decent item. Had no issues with it in 2 years. If you do get one, ignore the sticky blue tack stuff it comes with as it didn't work for me. It's really easy to just prise out the whole unit, disconnect it, then carefully take the button out.

Registered
2016 M240i
Just realised yours is an E82 though, so don't buy that one!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts