Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
My wife has just purchased a red , 54 plate, 1 series. Is it true this colour can fade in time and, if so, how can we prevent this ??

Thanks

Richard

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome
Any paint can fade, Red is usually worse on cars that are not looked after from what ive seen.

just make sure you Look after it, wash with car shampoo not fairy liquid!, polish it now and again, and wax it if you get time.

Any Halfords will have stuff to do this, or you can pay someone every few months to do it for you :)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
As Matt EHR1 said, keep a good coat of wax on it and you should have no problems.

Read the Ask Matt section of the forum, there is plenty of tips in there on car care.

Tony

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
You will find the bonnet and boot will fade first, but, as long as you wax it every 3-4 months, with a uv protective wax you will be fine 8)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Keep it out of the Sun
Take it to Redcar - little Sun there - a red car in Redcar!

Okay, okay give me a chance... Reaching for my coat now. Night! :oops:

·
Registered
137 Posts
RICHARD65 said:
Is it true this colour can fade in time??
Richard
Absolute nonsense

My car will be 3 years old in april.

I always park it outdoors.

The colour is still absolutely fantastic.

I have never polished or hand washed it myself. It has only been washed so far during the odd BMW service plus no more than 4 times by the petrol station automated brush wash.

Will update you with some new pics by next weekend and you will see that its colour is still as new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.