Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at getting some Recaro sportster CS's, but reading around the forums doesn't really give any answer to my exact situation.
I currently have the M140i's standard sport seats, manual, with heating.
Now after talking to my retailer it's become clear that recaro is about to raise their prices quite substantially from october (+300€ for the same exact seat, not even counting new rails etc), so if I want to avoid that I need to get a seat in stock. Which brings us to the problem...
The version with airbag is not in stock, and will not be until october -> will getting one without give any errors, or need any coding?
Secondly, I don't actually ever use the seat heating -> will getting one without give any errors, or need any coding?
Last thing I read about was the occupancy sensor or whatever it's called -> does that need anything specific?

All threads I've found talk about how it's plug 'n play if the same options are present, hopefully someone has some experience with what to do if that's not the case?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just fitting the non-airbag seat in your car will throw an airbag light. That's where coding it out is required. It's very straightforward to do, but you do need a fully enabled version of Esys to do it.
If you're replacing both seats, the passenger seat occupancy sensor also needs coding out. No need for any resistor solution. You just code it out, then also code out the seatbelt reminder - because if you code it out, the system just assumes there's someone sitting there - and the seatbelt light & gong will activate constantly.
You won't get any other visible errors, although codes might be stored for things like "seat module not found" or "heated seat error". No big deal as they won't throw a warning light.

Reactions: cbr600ant

·
Administrator
4,003 Posts
From elsewhere. Not tried it myself. Disclaimer is not mine either, but it's a good one :)

Race Seat Coding F2*/F3*/F8*

Disclaimer: this will disable your occupancy sensors and seatbelt pre-tensioners. This means that in a collision your passenger airbags will always go off, and your seatbelts will not pre-tension. You alone are responsible for any harm or damage that occurs as a result of you choosing to make these changes. Coding is done at your own risk also.

All changes must be made in the ACSM. Process should be the same for all F2*/F3*/F8* models. I did this before fitting my race seats to minimize errors codes. Ignore the seat memory options if you don't have memory seats.

For Either/Both

Shutdown Error Qualification Plausibility error
Abschalten_Fehlerqualifikation_Plausipruefung_dyn_ Daten_FGS: nicht_aktiv

For Driver

Driver occupancy sensor
CIS_Fahrer: nicht_aktiv

Driver seat airbag
Sitzairbag_Thorax_Fahrer: nicht_aktiv

Driver belt tensioner
Gurtstrammer_Fahrer: nicht_aktiv

Driver seatbelt contact
Gurtkontakt_Fahrer: nicht_aktiv

Driver seatbelt indicator
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fahrer_GWF_GZA_FA: nicht_aktiv

Driver seat position sensor memory
Sitzpositionsensorserkennung_Sitzmemory_Fahrer: nicht_aktiv

For Passenger

Passenger occupancy sensor
CIS_Beifahrer: nicht_aktiv

Passenger seat airbag
Sitzairbag_Thorax_Beifahrer: nicht_aktiv

Passenger seat position sensor
Sitzpositionsensor_Beifahrer: nicht_aktiv

Passenger belt tensioner
Gurtstrammer_Beifahrer: nicht_aktiv

Passenger seatbelt contact
Gurtkontakt_Beifahrer: nicht_aktiv

Passenger seatbelt indicator
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Beifahrer_GWF_GZA_BF: nicht_aktiv

Driver seat position sensor memory
Sitzpositionsensorserkennung_Sitzmemory_Beifahrer: nicht_aktiv

-------------------------------------

Errors must be cleared using ISTA or Tool32 with the correct .prg file before your dash lights will go away. Nothing else can clear ACSM errors. Not your $50 Carly app, not a $20,000 Snap-On diagnostic computer, nothing. If ISTA doesn't work, use Tool32. If that doesn't work, you've done something wrong.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
As above really, I know on E8* cars there was actually a +RECA code for fitting the CS but I dont about F2*, those codes are different from what I needed for an E82

BTW, you do know the sportster CS is the one with the smaller seat lips? Usually intended for 4x4s and SUV types, Ive got 2 sets of normal CS and cant recommend them enough :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As above really, I know on E8* cars there was actually a +RECA code for fitting the CS but I dont about F2*, those codes are different from what I needed for an E82

BTW, you do know the sportster CS is the one with the smaller seat lips? Usually intended for 4x4s and SUV types, Ive got 2 sets of normal CS and cant recommend them enough :)
Smaller seat lips is the cross sportster CS, which I was planning on having, but with what I'm hearing I think I really want them with airbags & heating.
But with the price they're gonna be once available again, I doubt I'll be able to convince myself I need em...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts