Baby BMW Forum banner

Recall - F2* Drivers Airbag

3763 Views 46 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  andyjhatton
Anyone else get a letter stating they're subject to a recall? Apparently my (2014) drivers airbag is likely to explode in my face with too much force, sending sharp metal shards to be "released" into the cabin, potentially causing fatalities. 馃挜馃拃

Nice.
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
My recall letter came today,told to wait till 2nd letter arrives before i can book it in,2016 f21
Same here.
Car is booked (back) in next week for major service - no air bag supply so the car will sit with them until stock lands 馃槵
Hi All, Is everyone still driving theirs having had a letter but not yet had the work done? I have a 2015 F20 M135i
Hi everyone,

Do we have a clear idea on which cars are affected by this? I've got a 16-plate M135i and haven't had a letter (yet). Is there a definitive way for me to check if it is?
Hi everyone,

Do we have a clear idea on which cars are affected by this? I've got a 16-plate M135i and haven't had a letter (yet). Is there a definitive way for me to check if it is?
Yep; Vehicle Recall
Hi All, Is everyone still driving theirs having had a letter but not yet had the work done? I have a 2015 F20 M135i
I doubt many of us will have much of a choice.
We have a car because we need a car.

If the affected cars are unsafe to drive then BMW ought to collect the cars from owners and issue a temporary vehicle until the affected car can be repaired.
41 - 47 of 47 Posts