Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

The rear wiper has stopped working on my E87.
Managed to take it apart alright and almost finished cleaning, I'm not sure if a thread on here or a YouTube video was advising to put some gasket sealant around the contour of the assembly, before closing it back up.

In your experience is this necessary?
Isn't the water seeping in the insides through the cable which sits in the middle of the revolving mechanism of the blade?

As I don't have gasket sealant and would never use it, if it is indeed necessary, do you think I could use any sanitary sealant , seeing that the part involved is just an accessory and it's not involved into any high strength, high heat engine movement (which is where I imagine gasket sealant is used predominantly)?

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is a You Tube video on this subject where the guy uses gasket sealant around the area where the washer fluid enters the motor housing. It isn't clear what the purpose of this is unless the seal in this area is defective and therefore allowing fluid to enter the gear area. I refurbed mine by thorough cleaning and greasing but I decided to buy a new motor from AliExpress for £30 which fitted and worked perfectly. I have the original one as a backup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts