Baby BMW Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was under the impression that BMW diff oil was a “lifetime fluid”. Unless you develop a leak and it needs topping up. ?
No such thing as lifetime fluid. Oil lubrication properties break down over time as well as heat/friction. BMW’s take on lifetime is pretty much the warranty period so any issues out with are our problem. They say the DCT doesn’t need serviced, Getrag would say different. Same with the ZF8, ZF recommend oil change between 40-60k miles depending on usage yet BMW say it’s sealed for life. I think I know who I would listen to. The diff on the F8X platforms is part of the service schedule.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No such thing as lifetime fluid. Oil lubrication properties break down over time as well as heat/friction. BMW’s take on lifetime is pretty much the warranty period so any issues out with are our problem. They say the DCT doesn’t need serviced, Getrag would say different. Same with the ZF8, ZF recommend oil change between 40-60k miles depending on usage yet BMW say it’s sealed for life. I think I know who I would listen to. The diff on the F8X platforms is part of the service schedule.
Thanks - lifetime of the warranty! Makes sense.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts