Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visit to get a £1.50 off Voucher to use in Halfords on Rain X products, and for every voucher redeemed, £1 will be donated to Brake to support the 31,845 people bereaved or affected by serious injuries caused by road crashes each year in the UK.

Also extra 10% off everything in store if you reserve online!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rain-X was soundly beaten by Comma RAIN CLEAR in the recent rain repellent test in Auto EXPRESS.

Comma FOG CLEAR also won their BEST BUY for anti-misting treatments

So if you want to go with the masses and buy the product from those with the biggest name and the biggest marketing budget go to Halfords. If you want the most effective products go to Auto Best Buy. As always you get 10% off everything using the forum discount code (DBVFA77)

I admit we don't contribute to BRAKE. So if that's important to you then the Halfords / Rain-X combination may reasonably be your choice.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Am I not allowed to pass on information to forums members, who are free to make up their own minds??

I am not telling people what to do, just that if they wish to....and people do purchase things from Halfords, that there is a saving available (for a popular product) that forum members may not know about.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes of course you are, I didn't mean to insinuate that you shouldn't.

I probably worded my post a bit strongly. I only meant to suggest an alternative.

I know that some people do like Rain-X and it's a perfectly reasonable choice of product.

I'm afraid I am the world's biggest cynic when I see a company spending so much money, as Rain-X currently are, on magazine advertising and promotions. I just tend to think that that is where all their money is being spent, rather than on the quality of the product. Fundamentally that is why I set up Auto Best Buy - because quite often independently tested and recommend BEST BUY products are quite difficult to find. In the end we risk getting brainwashed into accepting what Halfords want to sell us, or what brands with big marketing budgets want to advertise to us. I'm just a grumpy old man really.

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
I used to use Rain X some years back and at first quite enjoyed the novelty. the problem I had with the stuff is that when you used the wipers it caused extra friction which caused the wipers to wear very prematurely!

Not used it since.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Personally I don't like using Rain Repellent on windscreens as I find when you use the wipers it smears the water. Some people do like it however. Instead I use it on the side and rear windows and on glass door mirrors, which then clear any water very quickly.

I STRONGLY recommend the GLASS SCRUB for cleaning windscreens. It seems to remove all sorts of crap, traffic film etc and the effect is almost like you have a new windscreen (well it was on mine because there was obviously so much oil and stuff to be removed).

I understand that GLASS SCRUB can also be used to remove rain repellents if you don't like their effect, although it might take a couple of goes and some elbow grease.

The FOG CLEAR is astonishingly good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.