Baby BMW Forum banner

Racechip for my new F20 116d LCI EB MSport?

3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  mrsmith 
#1 ·
Hello :)

After a few months, when I already should have had the 118d - something came up, etc. etc. and after all the crap I ended up with a new 116d LCI EB M-Sport after all. Can't say that I am very disappointed with it since it is a very nicely built car with some great materials (I love the alcantara seats!), great looks and color ... but, as I said like 3 months ago, coming from a Golf GTD (2011.) I really find it quite underperforming.

Would have probably been so much more satisfied with the 118d in the end but well, what can you do about it now.. :rollseyes:

Has anyone tried the Racechip on this new 1.5cyl diesel?

See less See more
#2 ·
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am about to order this since obviously that should be the model. I am just not sure if it works without error lights and how good does it work if it does work at all. I have sent an e-mail to their support and they claim that it should work without any issues.

Please, if anyone has any info on the matter - I would be so thankful if you could share it :)

#4 ·
Pozdrav :)

Anyway, yeah - remapped 2L 116d is working insanely good (think it goes up to almost 200bhp?) but then again, cannot expect those figures from a 3-cyl 1.5L unfortunately.

I am not sure if anyone is doing a remap on these new engines yet. However, mine is under warranty so I am pretty sure I would wait with that. I just wondered if those tuning boxes are working as intended since they say that they should be safe for use under warranty.

Thank you for your answer Vocko - hvala :)

#6 ·
Vocko said:
As far as I know, the car computer detects even those boxes, so your warranty could still be void, it all depends on the dealership.
You know how they are in Croatia and Slovenia, they'd do anything not to have to pay for repairs, even if it has nothing to do with the chip...
Hmm, yeah... that's true! I still have some doubts just because of that :(

Oh well, I am planning to get myself a 2nd hand BMW Z4 anyway (3.0si or newer). I guess my wife will probably be happy to replace her current car with my new EB 1-er since it is a quite nice 5-door family vehicle :D

#8 ·
Vocko said:
That's the best plan ever! :)
Yeah!! That's exactly what my man-math is telling me each month :bigsmile:

Vocko said:
I wanted to do the same and buy an old M3,but in the end, it just costs too much to only drive it every now and then...
On the other side, the expenses for covering a car that I would drive only when it is nice outside or simply put, for having fun over weekend - are kinda high. But I am trying to convince myself it is no problem anyway :lol2: so I will probably give it a shot in April or May.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.