Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2017 M140 with pronav - always use Spotify through iPhone and the I drive normally recognises this and opens the Spotify app. And shows Spotify as one of the media types.

Within the last week Spotify option has gone and standard Bluetooth is the only option. I have reinstalled Spotify app on iPhone, restarted iPhone.

I've seen some have said that connected Music needs to be disconnected - I don't think this is even an option within my media types so don't think this is the problem.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

JB

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have noticed the same thing this week. It is very possible that the latest iOS Spotify update from about a week ago (8.7.28) has either broken or purposefully removed the feature.

Android users had this feature removed from them for a long while now.

If it is the case that this is now not working, I'm going to look into getting a CarPlay MMI.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you're not averse to jailbreaking your iPhone, you could theoretically downgrade your Spotify version back to the previous one- if you didn't want to wait for Spotify to fix it, that is.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yesterday a Spotify employee posted on that thread saying that it's a bug and will be patched in an update. Good news.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts