Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2019 M240i cabriolet and on return from dealers got an engine management light. This turned out to be the ppf. Had a regen done under warranty at BMW on 20th April but now light is on again. The car has an MPE fitted which another member reckons shouldn't be fitted on ppf cars. Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the ppf. Could have it regen again but presume will reoccur. Anyone removed their ppf and or resonators. Any issues at MOT. ??

·
Registered
386 Posts
so what was recently explained to me - mpe is not available on cars with ppf as it does not have a valve. ppf needs to reach certain temperatures in order to regenerate. as mpe doesn't have a valve, it cannot do so as efficiently(?) giving you an eml.

to remove it you will either need a blocker module or turn it off via a map

·
Registered
721 Posts
Wrong thread as a 2019 M240i isn't a F40?
Regeneration of a gpf does not require the high temperatures to be artificially created as petrol engines run hotter thus, in the majority, passive regeneration takes place.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I recently bought a 2019 M240i cabriolet and on return from dealers got an engine management light. This turned out to be the ppf. Had a regen done under warranty at BMW on 20th April but now light is on again. The car has an MPE fitted which another member reckons shouldn't be fitted on ppf cars. Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the ppf. Could have it regen again but presume will reoccur. Anyone removed their ppf and or resonators. Any issues at MOT. ??
If you remove the PPF it is an MoT fail irrespective of whether is passes an emissions test.

This has been the case for a number of years.

More recently the testing process has been amended to require a visual inspection that all emissions related equipment is visually present.

Reactions: cuke2u
1 - 4 of 4 Posts