Baby BMW Forum banner

PLEASE HELP! CAN I TURN OFF THE ALARM SOUND??

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  leemac 
#1 ·
It has been hectic!!! As soon as I lock my 2005 120i car with the FOB, the alarm siren sound starts....

It has been 3 times to de dealer and they CANT fix the problem. The first time they thought they needed to change the alarm siren; which they did (obviously they charged me for it) and they told me that the problem was fixed but it was not.

The second time they told me it was the "inclination sensor" and they changed it. It did not fix the problem either.

The third time they told me that the OBC did not show any faults in the alarm system and that my car was OK and they do not have that "sound problem" when the car is at the dealer (looks like they dont believe me)...

PLEASE HELP!! IS THERE A WAY I CAN TURN OFF THE SIREN?? I DO NOT WANT THE SOUND ALARM!! AND I DONT WANT TO CONTINUE PAYING FOR THINGS THAT I DONT NEED!!

Thanks in advance!

Alets

#2 ·
alets said:
PLEASE HELP!! IS THERE A WAY I CAN TURN OFF THE SIREN?? I DO NOT WANT THE SOUND ALARM!! AND I DONT WANT TO CONTINUE PAYING FOR THINGS THAT I DONT NEED!!

Thanks in advance!

Alets
If this happens every time you lock the car then it should be easy to reproduce at the dealer. Take it back there and show them what happens. They can't just say "it doesn't happen" if you have been there with them and proved that it does.

#3 ·
Hello mrmist...I have tried to prove it but unfortunately sometimes the alarm siren starts awhile after I lock the car (20,30 mins)....like I said MOST of the times it happens as soon as I lock the car but the last time I took it to the dealer (which is 200km away from where I live) it did not happen as soon as I locked the car so I could not prove it to them...

Thanks!

Alets

#7 ·
Thanks for all your help!

Actually the guys at the dealer also thought of a mouse inside my car, but I discarded that idea after I turned off the sensors (clicking the FOB twice as you said)...and still the alarm started to sound...

I don't know what to do!!

If you have any other ideas...PLEASE let me know.

Your Mexican Amigo,

Alets

#10 ·
Dave1 said:
I replaced my switch a few weeks back. I just bought a switch for under £8 and fitted. Dead easy.
Part number 9199 052. Bet they sell loads.
As for the bonnet alarm switch replacement, I have written a "How To" thread with, what I believe, all what you need to know to replace it. WITH PICTURES!

p.s. Dave1 above, has stated the wrong part number (put a 9 instead of a 1). The correct part number is:
61 31 9 119 052

#11 ·
As stated in my post above, I have written a thread (with pictures and arrows) showing how to replace the front bonnet sensor.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18796&p=192770#p192770
It took me quite some time to write that thread and thought it would help others to avoid the difficulties that I had to endure to learn.
Sadly, for some reasons I can not explain, this thread is not available anymore.
I have also written several other "HOW TO" threads, that have been removed.
Could it be because they had too many explanatory pictures that clogged the website?

#12 ·
So they charged you for an inclination sensor and replacement alarm system even though you didn't need them? :eek2:

I'd demand a refund. I hope you kept all the "old" parts.

Doesn't say anything good about your dealer, does it.

Even I knew about the bonnet sensor "problem".

Best to check on here first.

#13 ·
S9KSY said:
As stated in my post above, I have written a thread (with pictures and arrows) showing how to replace the front bonnet sensor.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18796&p=192770#p192770
It took me quite some time to write that thread and thought it would help others to avoid the difficulties that I had to endure to learn.
Sadly, for some reasons I can not explain, this thread is not available anymore.
I have also written several other "HOW TO" threads, that have been removed.
Could it be because they had too many explanatory pictures that clogged the website?
Over time, the threads get converted to PDFs to reduce load on the site - the relevant info is now at " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

#14 ·
Thanks for the pointers on a) how to diagnose the alarm/bonnet sensor issue and b) how to replace the offending sensor.

Just been down to the local stealer and paid £10.41 for the new switch. Replaced it within 60 seconds of opening the bonnet....job done!

Cheers,
Lee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.