Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PIAA H376

Anybody tried the PIAA Tera LED's? They have built in resistors to combat the zero current sensor on some cars but do they work on the new 1 Series without the bulb alarm coming on? Does the bulb sensor work by looking for current drop or zero current?

These bulbs are expensive but they will look the business!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Will these give a white colour angel eye?!?!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very bright - check out the PIAA website for more info. It's just whether they cause the bulb failure light to show on the dash. I've checked the manual and the sidelights are covered under "external lighting" (I Think!) so will see what happens when they arrive. They are quite expensive but I have the standard lights so I don't have angels. They might give it a bit of Audi R8 or S6?

PIAA currently make a Super Tera LED just for the Mini as it has a sensitive management system.
Will post the results soon..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's right - the H376 bulb is a replacement for the W5W standard sidelight bulb.
PIAA make an upgrade for the Angel lights - that's on the website.
Oficially it's for the 3 series but it's meant to work ok.

I'm stuck with standard lights so I had to get LED's.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They do trip the bulb alarm out, twice actually.
But they do look the business!
Image to follow shortly...

Updated H471 bulbs are available now. Watch this space...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an E46 330i Convertible and bought the PIAA H-376 bulbs because the high-street dealer specifically told me that the additional resistors at the bottom of the bulbs folled the lamp monitoring system.

They don't. If you fit these bulbs you will have indicator bulbs lit continuously and a bulb-blown warning light on the dash. Avoid if you have a late E46.

The dealer has said they'll refund my money thankfully, but it's been a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i have had these fitted for a couple of months they great they look really good and are an exact match to the xenons esay enough to fit well they were once i took the air box out on the passenger side just a straight swap with a little adaptor. the bulb blown light comes on sometimes but not all the time but as soon as i switch the side lights on the warning light goes away im really pleased with these and would recomend them to anyone who has xenons

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quick update on last post. PIAA say that they have yet another style of LED bulb that will fool the BMW systems, this new one has an embedded capacitor and costs almost twice as much - that's £80 a pair!

All credit to Motaman Filton Bristol Branch. they have offered to supply these at no additional cost in recompense for all the hassle that the two previous sets of bulbs have caused. I'll wait to see if the new one work though.

Moral of the story: Make sure that your retailer checks with the manufacturer and agrees in advance to refund you if they don't work!

·
Registered
42 Posts
BarneyHaye said:
Quick update on last post. PIAA say that they have yet another style of LED bulb that will fool the BMW systems, this new one has an embedded capacitor and costs almost twice as much - that's £80 a pair!

All credit to Motaman Filton Bristol Branch. they have offered to supply these at no additional cost in recompense for all the hassle that the two previous sets of bulbs have caused. I'll wait to see if the new one work though.

Moral of the story: Make sure that your retailer checks with the manufacturer and agrees in advance to refund you if they don't work!
thats alot of dosh...

How about these ->

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.