Baby BMW Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Sandyman said:
Success! I tested each of the 3 pins and each time connected the other terminal to each of the 18 pins on the connector that hooks on to the pdc module. It was trial and error really but I used a "good" sensor connector to test what I should read. Turns out I wasn't getting any continuity from pin 3 (pin one was ok)...so the only option was to investigate whether there was a break in the wire somewhere...and it seemed I was going to have my work cut out trying to find the problem in the loom from sensor to module!! I started by taking off the black insulating tape from the first part of the wires but tbh I kind of knew it would be ok because there wasn't any rubbing on that part of the loom. Then I happened to look at the part leading to the module and saw that the wire had been cut!! Crazy why someone would do that!! It was a clean cut as well...no evidence of any rubbing. So joined it up again and I now have working parking sensors front and rear! Really chuffed with myself :)) Thanks to all for their help.
Nice work, well done! :thumbsup:

· Registered
2 Posts
Recently bought an E87 with front and rear sensors which don't work. I believe it has the wrong module installed.
6691.6982403 installed but car has basic business radio and therefore separate PDC speakers.

If I am going to replace the business head unit with a professional unit is there a chance this module will then work?
Or if I get the correct module for car to get things working and then change the head unit am I going to get issues?

I have no LED lights on switch, no warnings in dash and no warning noises.

Thanks

· Registered
823 Posts
With professional this module should will work. Of course everything should be coded to your car if you want to do it right.
This module should work normal with Busines radio only without noise, so something is wrong.
You can buy proper one for busines and it will work normal. Coding should be done. PDC is the same for many models, so you should code it.
Module for Business will also work with other unit, after coding. It is universal.
Before buying used one always take a look on mainboard. If it is oxidize do not buy. You can easy take mainboard out of case.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts