Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about having my alloys painted. Now I do have a weakness for black alloys but not sure what it would look like on my car with the CSL wheels. Or I might go down the very dark grey route, like the 18s on the M3.

What do you think?? Opinions would be appreciated guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I don't think black would work be toomuch black if you get what I mean. A dark grey would look good though titanium or gunmetal...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been leaning towards dark grey. Whenever I see a black car with black wheels, I always think it looks good!

·
Registered
693 Posts
JoHNY said:
I think satin black wheels look sexy :spotman:

Not my cup of tea but those Johny Wheels would look fab on your car though just add the yellow callipers you have been harking on about :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I keep seeing black wheels and think they look wicked on black cars, but you have to have the silver lip, or it looks like you don't have any wheels somehow! :? You have to be careful to not make it look like a chav mobile though, as all the boy racers are going for black, :shock: you might end up looking tacky in a couple of years! :chin: You could always paint it a different colour later! :D

Grey is cool too though. I think I'd go for the darker gunmetal rather than the lighter greys to be honest. :D :thumbs:

·
Registered
693 Posts
JoHNY said:
Jezy you knob.......... :D :D
Thanks as long as it's an M Sport Knob :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
preppeller said:
I think pink looks great!

:rotfl:

Not my shade of pink tbh........ :D

I think safe way to go is dark grey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
heres a pic of my car with black wheels, not to everyones taste but i get alot of positive comments, mine are 18inch, painting them would probably cost you around £300? why not put in a little more and get a new set, if you want details of where i got mine ill be happy to help.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
as been said, black looks great, but you need to keep the silver rim, as badmash has done. It looks great!

·
Registered
693 Posts
mrash said:
as been said, black looks great, but you need to keep the silver rim, as badmash has done. It looks great!
Agree the silver rim breaks i up otherwise it looks too black, noy sure if matt black is better than gloss black :?:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Badmash said:
heres a pic of my car with black wheels, not to everyones taste but i get alot of positive comments, mine are 18inch, painting them would probably cost you around £300? why not put in a little more and get a new set, if you want details of where i got mine ill be happy to help.

Looks good. The thing is, I have only had these a couple of months and like the CSL style so dont want to change them. But I get what your saying ref the cost. Thanks mate.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Badmash said:

Very nice!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.