9605 - Pre EU Port of Exit
9615/35/45 - In Storage
9610/20/30/40/50/60 - In Transit
9610 - EU Port of Exit
9615 - EU Storage
9620 - At Sea
9630 - Port of Entry
9645 - UK and IE Storage
9646 - Offsite PDI checks & registration (Southampton)
9650 - Awaiting Dispatch to Dealer
9660 - Dispatched to Dealer
9800 - Arrived Dealer

Once you get to 5050, then you can ask for the VIN and that's confirmation its really happening.

·
Super Moderator
481 Posts
TheSarge said:
So my car has gone from 5055 to 5500 in one day, how is it possible for a car to be built that quick!! (Not that I'm complaining!)
More than likely that somebody didn't scan the right codes at the right time along the production line.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Lambster said:
TheSarge said:
So my car has gone from 5055 to 5500 in one day, how is it possible for a car to be built that quick!! (Not that I'm complaining!)
More than likely that somebody didn't scan the right codes at the right time along the production line.
BMW are doing their best to confuse me I think, so Genius Chat are saying 5500 - Assembly Complete but I just had an email from BMW (under the dealers name) saying its in the paint shop… who to believe!

·
Registered
241 Posts
The auto generated emails from the dealer are just approximate timeline guesses.

If you have contacted a genius and they have told you a code, that is the true status.

Congrats. Mine must be a few weeks away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wouldn't trust the "Genius" at all tbh. I was told on several occasions that mine was entering production on 3rd Feb for delivery week of 17th. Had email from dealer saying different so NEXT day contacted "Genius" only to be told it was built and code 9000 for delivery on week of 17th.
Another email from dealer yesterday to state it was "nearly here" and delivery expected on week of 25th!!
Check with "genius" again and they are also now stating week of 25th!
I know deliveries can slip but I would imagine that you have to book a ship some time in advance and that when you are about to depart from the harbour you have to book it with the port. So how come BMW/ "Genius" cant get their act together.

Better of just ordering it and waiting for the surprise of it arriving :p

·
Super Moderator
481 Posts
Mine's gone to 9000 now. I've estimated that mine will be departing Bremerhaven today aboard the "Glorious Leader" (Epic ship name).

I'd imagine anyone else with early March collection will be aboard the same ship, unless they are using a different carrier this time.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Lambster said:
Mine's gone to 9000 now. I've estimated that mine will be departing Bremerhaven today aboard the "Glorious Leader" (Epic ship name).

I'd imagine anyone else with early March collection will be aboard the same ship, unless they are using a different carrier this time.
The F2x cars all shipped from Cuxhaven to Southampton or Immingham (carrier UECC). Given the F40 is also built at Leipzig I'd have thought they would take the same route.

·
Super Moderator
481 Posts
markm240i said:
Lambster said:

The F2x cars all shipped from Cuxhaven to Southampton or Immingham (carrier UECC). Given the F40 is also built at Leipzig I'd have thought they would take the same route.
You could be right there. The only info I can find is US based. I'm pretty sure my M140 shipped from Cuxhaven

·
Registered
205 Posts
So my dealer has caught up with Genius and both are saying 5500 - Assembled. Delivery to dealer week 9 (24th Feb onwards) which is great! @Lambster you must have ordered a week or two before me (I ordered on 11th Jan)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For 3 different BMWs I used Genius & they were spot on every time

·
Super Moderator
481 Posts
TheSarge said:
So my dealer has caught up with Genius and both are saying 5500 - Assembled. Delivery to dealer week 9 (24th Feb onwards) which is great! @Lambster you must have ordered a week or two before me (I ordered on 11th Jan)
I ordered the week before Christmas, so not far off.

·
Registered
692 Posts
TheSarge said:
Lambster said:
TheSarge said:
BMW are doing their best to confuse me I think, so Genius Chat are saying 5500 - Assembly Complete but I just had an email from BMW (under the dealers name) saying its in the paint shop… who to believe!
They have to assemble it before they paint it! :lol:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm currently sat at 9605 - Pre EU Port of Exit and delivery pushed back a week to 2nd March. Guessing I missed the boat but does this status mean it's on the way to the port or sat outside the gates waiting to park up?

·
Super Moderator
481 Posts
TheSarge said:
I'm currently sat at 9605 - Pre EU Port of Exit and delivery pushed back a week to 2nd March. Guessing I missed the boat but does this status mean it's on the way to the port or sat outside the gates waiting to park up?
Mines the same. Guess we'll be on the same boat! I've heard there are delays because of the storms.

Port of Exit means it's sat somewhere in the port and it's next journey across the sea is imminent.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Lambster said:
TheSarge said:
Mines the same. Guess we'll be on the same boat! I've heard there are delays because of the storms.

Port of Exit means it's sat somewhere in the port and it's next journey across the sea is imminent.
I'm trying not get too dismayed as the delay as my delivery slipped by a week a few days ago to w/c 2nd March, originally I think I was supposed to leave Germany on the Spica Leader which is currently docked at Cuxhaven. Looking at the UECC schedule it will be the Prometheus Leader due out of Cuxhaven on the 28th and into Southampton on the 2nd March. I'm not able to collect from the 8th March for three weeks so hopefully it will come before then!

I do take some comfort that another friendly M135i in Storm Grey is also sat next to mine on a cold harbour dockside!

1 - 20 of 3680 Posts