Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been washed a good few times in a short space of time - either by myself once and the dealer most definetely too.

This has resulted in the brake discs going orange. This was also around where the brake pads make contact to the disc, however this is now cleared out but you can still see residue of this around the centre part which sticks out and touches the back of the wheel.

Is there anything I can use to remove this as its quite visible (due to the 17" 142 type spider wheels exposing this area quite a bit)?

Cheers

·
Registered
693 Posts
bmwAK said:
My car has been washed a good few times in a short space of time - either by myself once and the dealer most definetely too.

This has resulted in the brake discs going orange. This was also around where the brake pads make contact to the disc, however this is now cleared out but you can still see residue of this around the centre part which sticks out and touches the back of the wheel.

Is there anything I can use to remove this as its quite visible (due to the 17" 142 type spider wheels exposing this area quite a bit)?

Cheers
You could try an engine degreaser if you have actul rust spots on your hubs an acid wheel cleaner will make it worse. If it won't clean off then it's whells off and a reapint with either a silver spray or hammerite silver. Sadly the larger open wheel types are more prone to rusty hubs and more noticable :(

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers.

They've not rusted at all - it's the orangyiness that commonly happens when you wash a car and don't drive after this is done.

Will look into trying a form of degreaser to see if that will shift it. 8)

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
bmwAK said:
Cheers.

They've not rusted at all - it's the orangyiness that commonly happens when you wash a car and don't drive after this is done.

Will look into trying a form of degreaser to see if that will shift it. 8)
The orangeness is rust.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.