Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have a 120d e87 2005 and it has the BMW professional head unit and standard speakers I think
It also has subs under the front seats

It also has a Parrot Phone kit with Bluetooth streaming

My main issue is that when u stream Bluetooth music using the Parrot system the audio isn't very good and less bass'y compared to just listening to the radio for some reason

Also the screen on the CD player is broken too

What would you all do in this situation? I'm tempted just get a third party CD player with Bluetooth and replace the BMW Professional and Parrot system

I have reverse sensors too

I'm worried the subs and things won't work if I have a non standard head unit

Please help !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi,
I have virtually the same set up in my E82.
I have routed the line output of the Parrot into the aux input of the radio under the armrest.
Change the drivers in the front and under the seats for some decent ones and buy a good 4 channel amplifier with an on board graphic to drive the front mid hi components and subs.
Then on the radio go into the menu and drive only the front speakers.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
If you're just after a cheap and cheerful upgrade then any single-DIN (pre-FL dash = no double-DIN) head unit with a Connects2 integration kit will square you away nicely.

If you've got standard/base audio I'd also throw in a pair of tweeters (base audio = grilles but nothing behind them). Part no is 65136964012, but you can sometimes find the E63 6er tweeters 65136931641 for a lot less and they fit perfectly.

·
Super Moderator
65,180 Posts
The door speakers and underseat subs are wired together, they're the front channels so you can't lose them.

As most BMW headunits are getting on a bit nowadays, I'd probably go aftermarket HU, and definitely add some E63 tweeters to those empty grills, as Nyxeris suggested.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks thats great!

I think I will go aftermarket HU

Am I correct in saying I will lose my rear parking sensors if I go aftermarket?

·
Super Moderator
65,180 Posts
Depends which Connects kit you buy, I think??

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I had bookmarked - fascia's no good for a pre-FL car so don't buy it, but the page has a list of the individual components at the bottom.

You could always go for glory and buy , single-DIN and fully integrated out of the box, plus it has CarPlay/AA, but it's also about £600. I almost bought one when I first picked the car up but can't get over the placement of the DTC/hazard buttons!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thanks Nyxeris for pointing out the Dynavin system, can't get it out of my head now 😀
I have a pretty decent setup now, But with an Alpine single din head unit, the Dynavin integrates perfectly in the design of the dash. Is it also the best buy regarding sound quality? It has all modern features and options, but I don't want to compromise on sound quality. It does have an eq and timing correction, so I would expect high-end sound.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
waldorf said:
I have a pretty decent setup now, But with an Alpine single din head unit, the Dynavin integrates perfectly in the design of the dash. Is it also the best buy regarding sound quality? It has all modern features and options, but I don't want to compromise on sound quality. It does have an eq and timing correction, so I would expect high-end sound.
I have no idea I'm afraid. The reviews I read for Dynavin N7 systems (they're all the same internally) were generally very good and the internal preamp was more than 2x as powerful OEM Pro HU off the top of my head. The main downside was the screens all being small, low res and not very responsive.

You could probably make more sense of sound-related the tech specs than me!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've read some reviews, and it's not only good news. Software can have some improvements. So my enthusiasm has evaporated 😏 I'll stick to my Alpine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.