Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No Momentum, first time my car has had E10, I did notice how much less it cost to fill up tho'. Wondering what's going on with the lack of E5 at the moment. Our site diesel supplier ran out this week, (we get through about 1000 litres per week.

Registered
Drive past several Tesco's and shell, neither have any 99
I'm north west like you Simon

Registered
Noting some comments here and there, it seems the NW is struggling more than most for higher octane supplies. I鈥檓 getting bored of driving onto forecourts to find placcy bags over the pump handles of the good stuff. Anyways for starters I鈥檝e pinged Shell to see what they鈥檝e got to say. If I hear anything, will share.

Registered
I'm used to this in South Wales, sometimes super unleaded is not available for a week or two, it's been like that for years down here. Only one in three/four garages stock the stuff too so be thankful that supplies in your region have been mostly available.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Nyx, I will do that, 拢17.79 at Halfords!
Ordered the stuff on-line for collection, got a call from Halfords, not actually in store in my local store, they are ordering it in. Hopefully it will clean my injectors too.

Registered
Stick a bottle of Millers Ecomax in the boot, if you need to use E10/95 a shot of that brings it back up to 98/99ish :thumbs:
Just picked a bottle up for myself thanks 馃憤

Nothing wrong with sticking this in say sainsburys 97 to boost the octane number? I only ever use Tesco momentum fuel but seems only Sainsbury's has any sort of 'premium' fuel

Registered
Those of you with a std engine tune on this thread, can you honestly tell me you can detect the difference in performance or smoothness with E5 or E0 99 Ron vs E10 95 Ron? Don't get me wrong, I prefer to fill up with TM99 when I can, which is at least every other tankful and it gives me a warm feeling to do so, but I can't say my seat of the pants dyno can tell. The car can tolerate E25 so I doubt E10 does any real harm. There is no doubt a measurable difference but I suspect it is no more than 5-10hp and when you have 335 of the buggers does it matter?

I do understand that those with engine mods actually need 99 Ron though if they have mapped for it.

Reactions: Brexon

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Those of you with a std engine tune on this thread, can you honestly tell me you can detect the difference in performance or smoothness with E5 or E0 99 Ron vs E10 95 Ron? Don't get me wrong, I prefer to fill up with TM99 when I can, which is at least every other tankful and it gives me a warm feeling to do so, but I can't say my seat of the pants dyno can tell. The car can tolerate E25 so I doubt E10 does any real harm. There is no doubt a measurable difference but I suspect it is no more than 5-10hp and when you have 335 of the buggers does it matter?

I do understand that those with engine mods actually need 99 Ron though if they have mapped for it.
TBF, Padders, you are probably right. Having said that, I did feel the difference in my 2.0 E91, guessing it is just a habit now.

Reactions: padders
1 - 20 of 37 Posts