Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 123d, I’ve just driven 220 painstaking miles to Wales and I’m having power issues. It’s like the turbo’s aren’t working. You can sometimes feel the power trying to kick in, other times there is nothing and sometimes it works as normal again. Pulling up hills it’s like the car is a 1.2 litre.
I have recently had the DPF light coming on, could this be down the the DPF?
I’m worried the car won’t get me home.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It could be the DPF but the only real solution is to have the codes read by ISTA+ or similar. Are there any warning lights or check messages currently?

·
Registered
456 Posts
No, the only light that came up was the oil light which I have now put some in. I was hoping this would cure it but it hasn’t.
What colour was that oil light? I take it you don't have idrive? That light can mean many things, other than "please top me up with oil". You're gonna have to drop it in somewhere to get the codes scanned at least. Good luck!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No got idrive. It flashed up with the orange oil light with jagged line underneath and said 1l. I did know it was low so I’ve put the 1 litre in.
I’ve just been out in it and it seems to get progressively worse the longer I’m driving and noticed it’s starting to blow smoke out the exhaust. It’s really struggling to go and I’ve got 220 miles to drive home!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts