Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 F87 BMW M2 Competition
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Today I picked up my 2020 BMW M2C in Hockenheim Silver. First M car for me, second BMW. Traded in my F40 M135i which I owned from new, loved that car and what it offered, iDrive7 etc but wanted a proper M car and what a choice the M2C is, I absolutely love the car. Totally different beast compared to the M135i. In my opinion, it’s up there if not the best looking M car from BMW. I’ve connected my phone etc but it doesn’t give me the option on manage devices for Apple CarPlay, it just says Telephone, Bluetooth Audio and Apps. I’m missing Apple CarPlay. I’ve checked the BMW store and it’s not on there to purchase, how do I get it?!
Thanks!
Rhys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, great choice, I've got a 2019 M2C in Alpine White. Have you signed up for BMW's Connected Drive rather than simply the BMW Store? I have (had an M240i previously) and, for my current car Apple Car Play is there to purchase for £265. Far more knowledgeable folks on here than me but I thought all M2Cs had Apple Car Play as an option, my 2019 LCI M240i didn't.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
You'll probably have to get it coded. I had to do this with My M2 as well.....

It's possible you havent got the WIFI antenna installed, hence can't get it form the BMW store. If so, it's a £10 purchase and 20 minutes to install ( i watched the guy do mine :) )

I got my full screen carplay done by defined coding. He was excellent, and very knowlegable. Have had absolutely no issues since and it works every time.

I had a previous one installed, which was only half screen, and without the antenna. It will work, but the phone needs to sit right under the console at the front, otherwise it loses connection.

·
Registered
2020 F87 BMW M2 Competition
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry all for the late reply!!
Yeah been doing some research and whatnot and taking it to a local coding shop to get it installed along with the wifi antenna. Thanks for the comment about the car too! Absolutely love it, what a machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Alpine White F44.
158 Posts
Please don’t get it coded. If BMW ever need to do any software update they will offer two options. Rape your wallet or bend you over backwards. Quite a few members have been caught out by this and have had to reinstall FSC codes.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Please don’t get it coded. If BMW ever need to do any software update they will offer two options. Rape your wallet or bend you over backwards. Quite a few members have been caught out by this and have had to reinstall FSC codes.
100% correct. Don’t do it.

I did it on my 140i and had to uninstall it before it went to the dealer. I was not comfortable with that. My M2C came with CarPlay but it is not full screen. I am not tempted to get it coded.

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
My car came with CarPlay but it is not full screen. I am not tempted to get it coded.
I would love to get it coded for full screen but have refrained.

If someone had bimmercode I’d get it done as Carly won’t let me change it for some reason grrrrr

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
But your car is now out of warranty unless you’ve extended it ?
Extended. Can’t take any chances. Not cheap mind, but piece of mind is most important.

Apparently the F80 is the 2nd worst reliable car according to car wow guy on YT the other day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts