Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone worked out, or even better driven with the new ‘No gear lever’ design in BMW yet? I don’t mean the iX range, but maybe a new 3 series?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Closest I could find,
At the timestamp 9:40 he puts it into the Manual gear mode by flicking it down. I take it that's what you were wondering?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dealer called me in today to take a look at their first LCI 3 series (which has the same screen & no gearshift that the 2 series is getting). I couldn’t drive it because it hadn’t been through PDI, but I had a play with the iDrive 8 and I’m quite at ease with the new display. The lack of gearstick will take some getting used to, but I’m sure it will be fine.

While I was there their i4 M50 came onto the forecourt & he said “fancy a drive?”, to which I responded “hell yer!” As he passed me the keys, he said “take it for a spin & don’t bring it back until you’ve floored it”

OMG!! Sports mode with 540hp & pedal to the floor…… I’ve never driven anything with an acceleration like that!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go to 5:50 and he explains how it works

First new 3 series LCI i have seen other than press so far and its in the UK
I sat in a new black M340i lci at a dealership in Glasgow 2 weeks ago,I prefer the curved screen and was impressed with the options on the screen.Having already used the short gear lever on a Golf 8R I think it's an improvement and very straightforward once used to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts