Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Like your couch (if you have leather), an occassional wipe down with a damp cloth would be good.

I have found improvement with 'tough' leather if you treat it with connoly hide cream, which I got here in Melb. I have used it on a tough leather jacket and now it's soft. But i only do this once in a while. So your conditioner should have the same effect as the cream above.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am working on an article for our club magazine about using BMW products, it is a BMW club after all. What I have learned from all the different dealers and BMW Australia is...

1. Use the BMW Leather Cleaning Foam for all cleaning of the leather, don't use the BMW Leather Lotion (says it cleans too) for this.

2. Use the BMW Leather Lotion twice a year (avg), depending on wear this could be more often.

3. DO NOT get it on the plastic, all of them said this and vice versa, don't get the plastic cleaner on the leather either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
if I may share my own experience:

- if possible expose the leather to the sun about 10 min (surface pores will open).
- then apply the cream with your bare hands (has if you were applying it on your own skin), NEVER use a cloth (it will suck up all the produtct)
- then use a piece of a smooth and clean cloth to clean and wipe off the excess product

good leather + good conditioning could last a lifetime, I have myself seen original leather seats with 30 years of age who looked pretty new!

Cheers from Portugal. :spotman:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.