Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've recently changed my 3 Series Edition M Sport & Z4M Roadster for a 135i M Sport Coupe due to a change in job and no longer needing two cars. The 135i gives me the performance of the M and the luxury of the 3 series.

The spec of the car is:

135i M Sport Coupe, Manual
Sapphire Black
Black Leather
Heated Seats
Carbon Fibre rear spoiler
Xenons
BMW Performance, Aero Kit (front & rear bumpers, side skirts), short shift & pedal set
Black Grills
Custom HIFI
Sun Protection Glass
Heated Seats
Pro Nav
Bluetooth
Voice Control
PDC
Rain Sensor, Auto lights

I'll do a full running report & comparisons to the Z4M when I get some time.

The thing that has struck me the most with this car, aside from the performance & handling is the build quality. It is excellent and most of the time on the commute to work I do think I am in my previous 3 series. The interior uses the same plastics, trim and design traits.

So far:

Highs

- Performance (its goes like ***k)
- Handling (excellent feedback, minimal bodyroll and very progessive on the limit)
- Build Quality
- Very high grade trim

Lows

- Its drinking fuel at the moment. Reviews suggest this will improve with more miles. I think that this weekend in Wales will see 16-19mpg :-(
- The bridgestone RE050's are very crashy. Not as bad as some cars, but still not good. Michellin ZPs are the way to go! These will be swapped out very quickly indeed - as soon as Michellin make the required sizes!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When I picked the car up from the dealer the valeting was far from great and the car had some swirl marks and the sapphie black wasn't showing through very well. Tony from Autoshine worked his magic today and produced some fantastic results :mrgreen:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Guys :D The stripe took a while to grow on me but its part of the 'car' if you know what I mean. It ticked over 10000 miles today on the way back from Lincoln and has loosened up beautifully! I'll be hanging on to this one for a couple of years, which is a lot longer than my recent cars! I still maintain the fact its the best BMW I've owned to date. :fest:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
databator said:
Excellent car, you have gone a long way to sex it up, imo you should go the extra mile and stick a carbon diffuser on it's arse !! It would look great on the black. Are you going for a performance exhaust ? i am surely tempted myself. Congrats on the look.
Thanks for the comments mate :D I need to get some more pics up as it now has the c/f rear diffuser and performance exhaust installed :)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
One of the best looking 1ers on the forum in my opinion!

You need to start a discussion thread in the '1 series general discussion' area of the forum so others can comment, all comments will be deleted during housekeeping.

PM Sent

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ru55 said:
Hi Hollpe

Just a quick one mate! I got my new 135 on friday, and I find 1st gear has very little power?? Did you find this?
Not at all mate. Are you sure its not the DSC kicking in and killing the power?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A few pics taken on a trip with the girlfriend to Perthshire in Scotland last month(it was a bit dirty though - the weekend and the car!). There will be some more on Sunday after its had its 3 monthly detailing :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.