Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I know this thread comes up a lot but I have just collected my new 1.5 Petrol 118i m sport and just looking for clarification on if I should be using the premium unleaded or am i wasting my money and it will be fine on the normal unleaded

·
Registered
677 Posts
It'll be fine on both, I run my M135i on standard 95 and it's fine if not down slightly on power.

·
Super Moderator
369 Posts
Personally I recommend running super unleaded for the increase in mpg. I find normal fuel to be a bit of a false economy really.

Your mileage may vary, but my 118i tends to feel too sluggish on normal fuel for me to enjoy driving it!

Reactions: Tiberius

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Personally I recommend running super unleaded for the increase in mpg. I find normal fuel to be a bit of a false economy really.

Your mileage may vary, but my 118i tends to feel too sluggish on normal fuel for me to enjoy driving it!
Interesting. Maybe I should start buying premium fuel.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Since the switch to E10 for standard fuel I definitely noticed a deterioration in fuel consumption using it. My previous car (Audi A3 2.0TFSI) didn't need premium fuel but I found a drop of 10% in fuel consumption using standard E10 compared to the old E5. As premium is still E5 and is less than 10% more expensive than standard (even now) I switched to premium for that anyway. My M135i has run on nothing else since I've had it.

I genuinely think that in terms of miles per £, premium is better value than standard now and then you get any boost in performance for free.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Interesting. Maybe I should start buying premium fuel.
Waste of your money, the very slight improvement mpg, if any, will be offset by the cost and with no impact upon the performance. Just bung in supermarket fuel and enjoy your new car...

Reactions: Tiberius
1 - 10 of 10 Posts