1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures says it all really..

Shoe Hood Vehicle Automotive design Trunk
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive design

Still in complete shock thinking about it.

Professional thieves. 7 minutes is all it took for them to remove everything. Obviously stolen to order as they left the car behind..

Of course, the police do not give a ****. They are too busy on twitter policing people using the incorrect pronouns to address someone.

To add insult to injury, the ****ers went and drew a love heart on my sunroof. It just shows how cocky and arrogant these scum are as they know police will never bother pursuing them. My case wasn't even assigned to an officer before they closed it due to "no evidence", even though my neighbours have CCTV.

Current replacement parts bill: £11,500.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats insane, sorry to hear about that! Like you say thats someone that knew the way around it and went in prepared.

Absolute pisstake, where abouts in the UK are you based?
I'm in North London. Going back through CCTV footage disgusts me. They were watching me from the street two weeks before the theft.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Phuck. This is getting really out of hand. Scary also with you being watched from across the street…. I’d gladly assist with vengeance against the scum bags but guess what, you’ll get jail sentence if you do anything. They’ll received a suspended sentence because they’ll be the victim…

·
Registered
535 Posts
So no alarm went off I take it? accessed keys with a laptop do you think?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Speechless, absolutely gutted for you HN, my stomach turned seeing those pics, can only imagine how your feeling.
Sincerely hope your able to get it sorted to your satisfaction and your insurers play ball.
As suggested, where is any sort of deterant.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
There was a spate of this type of theft a while ago. Did they cut the fibre optic cable ? that was the standard back then around 10Ks worth of damage remedial work.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There was a spate of this type of theft a while ago. Did they cut the fibre optic cable ? that was the standard back then around 10Ks worth of damage remedial work.
Yeah, they cut the optic cable. Now my car is at the dealers and there is a 5-10 day delay on some parts.. I’ve been without my car for two weeks now. They are also insisting on changing the lockset as nobody has any idea how they got in. According to my ring doorbell, my car was locked. Last time I left the house was 8:45PM. Every hour it showed the wing mirrors were folded so the car was definitely locked. No smashed windows, no comfort access. I have no idea how they got into the car.

the most shocking part is everyone’s doorbells / wireless cameras went down for 30 minutes that night. No explanation. Ring, Nest and Hive. They must have some kind of signal jammer.

These two sh*t heeds definitely had something to do with it. This was taken two weeks before the theft.

I suppose when they see a single woman living alone in the house, they are not scared at all.

·
Super Moderator
538 Posts
Absolutely heartbreaking that is. I hope you spring back from this alright :(

It's unbelievable, despicable and downright pathetic that in one of the richest countries in the world the policing is such a disgrace that we can't enjoy our cars in peace without fear of them becoming pieces.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Of course insurance is covering the costs bar the excess (deductible). I am more angry at the fact that these cretins feel comfortable enough to carry out these thefts. It just shows what a state the country is in. 7 minutes and they would have inconvenienced me for a month. They will probably return to do it again as it was so easy the first time round.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Of course insurance is covering the costs bar the excess (deductible). I am more angry at the fact that these cretins feel comfortable enough to carry out these thefts. It just shows what a state the country is in. 7 minutes and they would have inconvenienced me for a month. They will probably return to do it again as it was so easy the first time round.
Ok, I was a bit worried when the total cost was mentioned. Being upset at what people can do doesn't help at all unfortunately, they obviously share none of your values so there's just no comparison. Breaking in a car / house is the least of terrible things happening every day around us, you just never think it's going to be yourself as you well put it. I've had my garage broken in a year ago and all my DIY/workshop tools collected over several years were taken, even my detailing products like brushes and shampoos if you can believe that. Insurance gave a partial reimbursement but even today discovering I miss a special tool I had bought in the past and just needed to use is making me feel so pissed off...

Hopefully the car will be sorted soon but probably worth taking measures against a potential return, not unusual for such scumbags to go back to cars they've visited in the past and know where to find them. Guy from work had his F20 broken into three (yes, 3) times, but he kept parking it on the street.

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,013 Posts
Yeah, they cut the optic cable. Now my car is at the dealers and there is a 5-10 day delay on some parts.. I’ve been without my car for two weeks now. They are also insisting on changing the lockset as nobody has any idea how they got in. According to my ring doorbell, my car was locked. Last time I left the house was 8:45PM. Every hour it showed the wing mirrors were folded so the car was definitely locked. No smashed windows, no comfort access. I have no idea how they got into the car.

the most shocking part is everyone’s doorbells / wireless cameras went down for 30 minutes that night. No explanation. Ring, Nest and Hive. They must have some kind of signal jammer.

These two sh*t heeds definitely had something to do with it. This was taken two weeks before the theft.

I suppose when they see a single woman living alone in the house, they are not scared at all.
Gutted for you!!

Are the Police not interested in even seeing that video? Although I guess you could say they aren't doing anything other than "walking down a street" in the eyes of the law.

I couldn't own a performance car if I didn't have my garage to park it in, I hardly ever leave my car out of the garage and even with the garage it still concerns me. They tried to take a neighbours Golf GTI the other week.

Reactions: mlcman
1 - 20 of 47 Posts