Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for inspiration, has anyone done any engine mods on the N47? Alloy boost pipes, intakes, engine cover mods etc... Looking to spice things up a bit now I've done everything to the exterior I want

Engine wise it's stage 2, DPF, EGR and swirl deletes, 3.5" Turbo back. Ramair panel filter, big FMIC.

I've seen scuttle panel deletes in the states don't know if anyone in the UK has managed it?

Here's a few pics of the Red Hackle 馃憣
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille Vehicle registration plate
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Grille

Administrator
Best underbonnet mod for the N47 is probably a shiny new timing chain:razz:

A few people on here have sprayed their engine cover. I skinned my intake ducts with real carbon fibre, there are pics in my build thread somewhere.

I鈥檇 recommend against the scuttle/cowl delete, it leaves your engine bay open to the elements and means the aircon sucks in hot air too. The M3/1M cowl retrofit does the same as its weather strip doesn鈥檛 match up to the bonnet.

You could fit a set of intake scoops, they鈥檇 be utterly useless on a diesel, but they鈥檇 be visible behind the grilles if you wanted that look.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best underbonnet mod for the N47 is probably a shiny new timing chain:razz:

A few people on here have sprayed their engine cover. I skinned my intake ducts with real carbon fibre, there are pics in my build thread somewhere.

I鈥檇 recommend against the scuttle/cowl delete, it leaves your engine bay open to the elements and means the aircon sucks in hot air too. The M3/1M cowl retrofit does the same as its weather strip doesn鈥檛 match up to the bonnet.

You could fit a set of intake scoops, they鈥檇 be utterly useless on a diesel, but they鈥檇 be visible behind the grilles if you wanted that look.
Thanks. I did read into the scuttle delete problems and being in Scotland I think everything will get a bit soggy!

So far I've wrapped my intake duct and my next plan maybe the engine cover. I'd like to see move painted/dipped engine covers for inspiration but haven't seen that many.

Yes Timing chain is on the distant "to-do" list however its not giving my any noise or bother yet and I oil change twice a year (every 6k). So far so good (touch wood!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts