Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got all of this oil here that I noticed, will need to remove it once i find a good tool, possibly a syringe, I used a cotton bud but then realised there is alot more than first expected.
Its all on the LHS of the rocker cover and not the RHS

I was first thinking its a leaking engine oil cover cap which was leaking a little bit that I changed.

Would a leaking rocker cover leak all over the place or present like this where its all on the LHS and not the right?

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to add. Rained alot and saw this puddle underneath my car.
Now.. I have already paid over 拢500 in gasket and oil leak related issues.
Is rainbow colour = coolant
Or can rainbow also mean engine oil I can see that also being the case quite likely. Coolant levels are fine.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Administrator
Fuel or oil - same thing in a diesel!

Edit: Actually looking at how the car is sat I think Simon鈥檚 probably spot on鈥 Seems to be coming from where the filler neck is and that鈥檚 known to rub through sometimes. Can you get the arch liner off to check?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is something I have never checked. I can when I get the time. It's strange because my fuel levels are fine and I don't think it's massively decreased apart from daily usage of course.
Unless there has been a small enough leak of fuel that is hard to notice.
When I moved the car and inspected the rainbow it started higher up near the front. Sort of the level of the dashboard and immediately vertically down from there a spot of oil or fuel or whatever but it stained my finger black.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts