Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
A couple of weeks ago I took out all 4 injectors from my N47 and send them for cleaning and verification. Turned out they are in good condition so I'm going to pick them up soon. I've spoken today with the guy who checked them, and he told me they were "recoded". I know you need to code new injectors and the code is marked on the injector itself, so how could they been recoded? We marked the injectors to know which one was taken from which cylinder, I thought we will put them in exact the same spot and that's all.

Do I really need to code the injectors, even if they were not replaced nor mixed between the cylinders? If yes, can someone instruct me how to do it? I have ISTA D, but never did coding of it yet.

·
Registered
159 Posts
When you code the injectors you enter the code at the top, i believe thats got to do with flow rate. If you put them back in the same cylinder order i dont see what you would have to code, unless he gave you new values?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Good regenerated injector should have paper with test and on this paper you should have new code. Not one from injector, but from this paper. If there is new code you should write it with ISTA, cause correction should look better. Instruction

1 - 4 of 4 Posts