Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I just got a 2 serie F45 active tourer from 2015. I wanted to put in there unfolding/folding mechanism on my side mirrors.
I successfully did it on this last week-end. Perfectly worked.
But yesterday, my controller ( where I connected the adapter for my side mirrors) just stopped working.
  • I checked the fuse and everything looks perfect.
  • I disconnected the battery and nothing changed after re-connected it.
  • The screen and theradio works fine but only the controller stopped, even the orange light you have around are off.

So, I need help fellas, how can I fix it? Anyone has an idea?

Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well done installing the folding mirrors 👍 it's nice to gets retro-fits to work and people brave enough to do so.

But sorry to hear your troubles after :sad:
If the issue occurred directly after the retrofit and all connections correct i'd have thought it could be a coding issue as everything in cars seems coded these days which makes retrofitting a proper headache! Do you have access to any diagnostics tools? I understand taking it a mechanic with the tools might cost money...
Obviously i don't know the electrical routing of the vehicle but connecting it to the i-Controller seems odd, did it have to go there? Have you tried connecting it elsewhere? Maybe there's too much power-drain to the mirror mechanisms thus not enough to feed the iDrive Controller, are you sure no fuse or resistor has blown in the controller?

Sorry i don't know how to solve the issue :confused2: but discussing it here might find an idea 💁‍♂️
Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the comment
effectively I went to see a professional repair garage.
They made their diagnosis and confirm 2 fuses were blown up. They changed it and the I-controller started working again; means the folding mirror needs for more voltage maybe.
I remove the adapter and send it back so the supplier will work on it and ensure me the next one would be suitable for the car.
come later for more update

1 - 3 of 3 Posts