Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its arrived! Its been polished; these are not the not the greatest quality images (all taken on my phone), I hope to get better ones but here she is!.....Must get some interior shots too(!)

Black Dakota leather with blue stitching, 18" 193M's, Xenons, Bluetooth, Loudspeaker system, heated seat blah blah blah.......love it.

Wish I could have kept the 1er too

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
Looking good.... Saw a few LCI 3 Series on the road today and they look very nice and aggressive in M Sport guise.

Shame about the 1er though.

·
Registered
731 Posts
oilseller said:
Nice like it .... sorry to be thick ...whats does the LCI stand for ?
Life cycle impulse. It's BMW speak for facelift.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:lol: thanks all.

The 'plus' pack extras were:
18" light alloy Star-spoke style 193M wheels in dark chrome
Exhaust tailpipe, Dark Chrome
Kidney grille, chrome with chrome vertical slats
choice of Alpine White (non-metallic), Black Sapphire (metallic), Le Mans Blue (metallic).
Sun protection glass
Bluetooth telephone preparation
Dakota leather upholstery, black with royal blue stitching
Floor mats with royal blue piping

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Difficult call because they are so different, more so than I expected. M Sports suspension is more forgiving on the 3 than the 1er, but as its bigger the chassis doesnt feel as tight - but then it is a saloon after all. The engines smoother in the 3 but I'm comparing the 184bhp 320d againest a 143bhp 118d; apples and pears.

Miss my frameless doors with drop down windows.

3's also got a lot more kit in it so I am experiencing more luxury but then in a fully spec'd 1er I'm sure you would feel luxury I do love the 3 cant really fault the 1er though for what is was. Each to their own.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Interesting that they are putting the chrome grills on non 6 pot cars. Looks lovely especially with the dark chrome wheels, coloured stiching and tints.

Is the M sport plus available on other engine sizes like the 33xd's?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
That's exactly the same car as I was going to order, but with a baby on the way I didn't want to pay the extra tax and got lured into a (13% BIK) 320d ED, which I should get tomorrow.

Looks fantastic BTW

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sensisimon said:
Interesting that they are putting the chrome grills on non 6 pot cars. Looks lovely especially with the dark chrome wheels, coloured stiching and tints.

Is the M sport plus available on other engine sizes like the 33xd's?
Nope, Just the 318i/320i and 318d/320d

Same for the exclusive model.

Darryl - What is the legroom like for rear passengers, I've just asked for quotes on a specced up 320d/520d as I'm looking to replace my 123d soon. I was given a 520d touring as a courtesy car over the Christmas period, and really loved the driving experience, the dash/dials look just amazing on one sheet of glass.

Legroom in the 520d was fine, but didn't get a chance to look at the 3xx at the time.

Gazza

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.