Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - not only can I not type my user ID properly (hence the typo!), I can't work out my multifunction computer in my 118d SE. I got the car as a company car and didn't get a handbook, so I'm struggling a bit. I've got into the menu with a key and a tick which allows me to change certain functions (like indicator function, door locking, etc), but there are two things I'm trying to make changes to, that don't seem to do anything.

One is a closed padlock which, when I enter the menu I get the options "off" or dipped beam. Do I assume that if I select the dipped beam symbol, when I lock the car, the headlights are supposed to activate? The same for the open padlock symbol, but presumably this means when I unlock the car, the lights come on?

I've tried selecting the dipped beam (rather than "off") and locking/unlocking, but nothing seems to happen. Do I need to do anything else. The other half's MK5 Golf seems to do all this sort of stuff no problem!! :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think it's to enable/disable the hazard light flash when locking and unlocking.

·
Registered
69 Posts
In the same menu I think you will find Daytime Running Lights on/off, Driveaway Locking on/off, Unlock Drivers Door/All Doors, Headlight Timer after locking....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I found that - from memory (having had a flick through a play with the functions), I have:

• one or 4 door unlock
  • hazards on/off (lock)
  • hazards on/off (unlock)
  • headlight timer (pathway lighting after ignition off)
  • auto locking (drive-away/timed out)
  • triple turn signal (I was glad when I found that, I was really pissed off when I thought I didn't have it :lol:)

And I think that's it - I don't appear to have a daylight running option and I don't appear to have any welcome lights (that's what I'd like is for the lights to come on when I unlock the car - sad :lol:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've got xenons :lol: :oops: :lol: and with the DRL set to "on" the angel eye rings light up as soon as I unlock the car and they are on all the time while driving. Not sure what you get with standard candles though... my fault for having posh lights I suppose!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Post resurrection here.

I have a 116i ES and have no idea how to access these hidden functions.

Is there anywhere online I can look or can someone be nice enough to map out how to get to them and what to change when i'm in there?

TIA

·
Registered
153 Posts
Glasgow_Gio said:
Post resurrection here.

I have a 116i ES and have no idea how to access these hidden functions.

Is there anywhere online I can look or can someone be nice enough to map out how to get to them and what to change when i'm in there?

TIA
How old is your car. I have a 2005 SE and it doesnt have it. You will need to get it coded at the dealer if you dont have the options.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine is also a 2005 so i'm guessing i don't have it either which is a bit annoying.

Coding at the dealer will no doubt be expensive so looks like i'll have to give it a miss.

Cheers for letting me know.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Glasgow_Gio said:
Mine is also a 2005 so i'm guessing i don't have it either which is a bit annoying.

Coding at the dealer will no doubt be expensive so looks like i'll have to give it a miss.

Cheers for letting me know.
I have the OBD cable but am still trying to find software that will allow me to do it. I have a couple to try but i just havent had the time to do it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you want the welcoming or leaving-function on, the lightswitch should be on 'a'utomatic. Then, when unlocking the lights switch on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.