Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently had the MPBBK fitted along with the EBC Bluestuff pads.

After many many hours researching R90 compliant pads I’ve ended up with EBC Bluestuff. I used to run DS2500 for about 8 years until I discovered they weren’t ‘Road legal’, initial thoughts are incredibly positive, in combination with the 370mm rotors the car stops incredibly well! They feel a lot more grabby than DS2500 and deal with the heat well, but will post a more long term review after a few thousand miles. If these don’t deliver will go for the S4007 pads, but they are just insanely expensive!

Initially when I saw the kit was pretty scared that the callipers looked too gold, but once fitted think they look ok, then phew!

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Car

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A fair wack, but there was some man maths in there for wanting to replace pads and discs and selling the old set, and brakes can actually cope with a hammering now, used to die in about 10 minutes so worth it!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Can get a set of M3/4 brembo brakes with 380mm rotors including rears for around £1.2k. used

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got them through Hack Engineering who did the fitting and did rear subframe bushings at the same time. Great guys!

Yeh a popular option is going down the second hand route, I considered it, but by the time you factor in a refurbishment of the old callipers doesn’t make sense to do, fancied the change in colour too!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As you running the same pads? Yeh they’re pretty noisy but only with the window down, hoping that improves a little bit with wear, but happy with the performance!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts