Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get the oil changed on my MP LSD soon, anyone know how much I'll need? Got about 850ml left from the litre of BWM 'Gear Oil' that came with it, will I need more?

Going to get it done at a local indy so I'll get some more of the BWM oil in advance if it seems likely I'll need it.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Less that a litre so I think you are fine. I can't remember exactly but I bought what I needed a while back for my change and a litre was more than enough. Is the stuff you have right for a plate type LSD? If it came with it at fitting presumably so but be aware that diff oils vary.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Get a fresh bottle as for the cost you will be really fed up if the car is in bits and you don’t have enough
I know it’s a different car but the diff is the same casing size but mine held about 1.2litres from completely empty and just under a litre just sucking it out the fill hole

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
It's pretty much bang on a litre, perhaps a smidge under, depends how high your back wheels are jacked up.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
That is from empty. When you change it, you never get it all out so 850ml will actually cover it in my experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts